“Moorea Circle Island Tour”
Review of Circle Island Tour

Circle Island Tour
Ranked #52 of 66 Tours in Moorea
More attraction details
Owner description: Pass pineapple fields and coffee plantations on this comprehensive island tour with stops at major attractions and a spectacular viewing site.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was such a worthwhile tour to do. I was collected from the Aremiti Ferry and joined a couple of other tourists on board with a lovely Frenchwoman and driver Jon Luc? I am so very sorry I cannot remember the ladies name as she was an outstanding tour guide. It was so informative and we had a beautiful day for it. The Explorer Bus that we took was air conditioned - thank goodness as it was a VERY hot day. It was a comprehensive tour of all the Moorea highlights (so much nicer than Tahiti Island itself) - also the tour guide gave us options of what we did or didn't want to see. Loved the distillery visit - YUM. One of the people on our tour got a heavy blood nose (the heat set it off) and the guide was very helpful with water and bandages and a rest at one of the stops with the lovely fruit juices. No problem to continue on after as it did not take long for the bleeding to stop and off we went again. I loved Moorea so much that I would come straight back to this Island and only stay over in Papeete overnight on my way here. We were dropped off at the end of our half day tour at the Intercontinental Moorea for a pre-arranged lunch. It was very nice and we lazed around until the 3.15pm pick up by another Explorer driver to return to the Ferry for the last sailing of the day. The only thing I would add to this tour would be an option for an earlier pick-up after the lunch to return on the earlier Ferry (2.45 pm). While alot of folk may like to stay and enjoy the facilities at the Intercontinental for a few hours - it was a VERY hot day and the Intercontinental did not have an air conditioned lounge to wait in (nor did the restaurant) - it was an uncomfortable wait for collection in the reception/bar area and even the locals were fanning themselves from the heat that day. Maybe just the option to return earlier for those who want to. I found ways to amuse myself (some shops there) and it is a lovely resort and it seemed to go quickly enough before heading back to Tahiti. I was sad to leave Moorea - so lovely. Many thanks to our lovely and helpful guide and driver. It was a great tour and the highlight of my trip to Tahiti. I will be back.

4  Thank Abby058

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I really liked this tour, even though it was raining the entire time. We had a wonderful, informative tour of the Hall house, walked up to the very exciting waterfall where we got soaked, and I saw the blow hole in the pouring rain.

1  Thank CarinaJean
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I took a circle island tour with marama tours and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Rocky our guide was a proud educated and friendly Polynesian man who absolutely made this day something special. We visited the amazingly beautiful grottos after seeing the Marae before heading on to a lookout where I could see Tahiti iti and Tahiti nui and marveled at the freshness of the air up here where there is a dairy enterprise - strange seeing fat happy cows grazing on lush grass in Tahiti! It's so clear up here the trees have trees and mosses covering them. We continued on to the triple falls for more beautiful photo opportunities before heading to the super cool blowholes. The other couple on the tour visited the Gaugin museum giving Rocky and I a chance to chat about our cultures as Rocky was particularly interested in the Australian Aboriginal culture and we discussed the shared shame of atomic detonations both our countries had been subjected to. I am not a person who normally does organized tours but this one was worth every minute and every cent. I intend to visit again and do the inland 4wd safari with Rocky to check out tahitis mysterious inland and Teahupoo and the cultural and natural sites of Tahiti iti. Highly recommended

4  Thank GypsyGal_11
Reviewed July 26, 2012

the best guide on the circle island tour. circle island tour was fantastic. well worth the time and money to go.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

It will take at least 3 hours. You get to see picturesque Opunohu bay with post card like views of Bali Hai mountain peak. Breathtaking.
Next is the Belevedere lookout area with magnificent views of both Opunohu and Cook bays as well as a closer view of Bali Hai. It includes a stop at a Pinapple farm. Definatly worth it if you haven't seen one before. Next to the Pinapple is Avocado trees as well as Mango.
Next is beautiful Cook bay. All of this is in the North part of the Island.
Next on the east side past the airport and the attractive golf course comes a panoramic lookout overlooking the beautiful reef/lagoon with Sofitel hotel overwater bungalows in the middle of the shallow lagoon with the Island of Tahiti in the distance background. Next comes the new Ferry terminal followed by uneventful south coast with big surf. At some point you will see a mountain top that looks like a face with distinct forehead, nose and chin looking at the sky.
Last stop is at the Le Village collection of 10 shops.
The guide was very good informative and funny. The bus was comfortable and air conditioned.

2  Thank ZingerOntario