Book In Advance

from $47.29
from $55.89
from $100.00
1,181 results
All reviews rented a car windy road hiking trails opunohu bay easy drive worth the trip atv tour mountain peaks awesome views cooks bay walk up vantage point magic mountain great pictures cruise ship visiting moorea pineapple
Reviewed May 3, 2015

Stunning overlook with panoramic view of the bays below and the mountains. Our guide told us that most of the peaks we see are rims of ancient volcanos like most of the mountains in Tahiti. We loved the mountain he pointed out to us on the way up, take note it has a hole in it and is shaped like a lady's head.

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Mi-Dan20
Reviewed April 29, 2015 via mobile

We decided (after reading several trip advisor reviews) to forgo a tour and rent bikes and attempt the trail ourselves. If your sporty and like a (sweaty) adventure it's worth it!
We cycled from our hotel (Intercontinental) and had privy to breathtaking views of the bay and the mountains as we headed down the long stretch of road to the base of the road that goes up, up, up....
We made it comfortably past 'free pineapple samples' at the lychee farm and to the first archeological site. It's here we decided to lock up the bikes and hike the rest of the way on the trails. The incline was getting too much for me!
It was a wonderful way to see what the flora and fauna are like inland and was more satisfying a trek then done in a tour.
The payoff was getting to fly back down the road at top speeds on our bikes - wind in our hair - it was exhilarating.
I recommend on the way back stopping at the grocer with the hole-in-the-wall restaurant for some cheap burgers, or steak & chips in a baguette and a thirst quenching Hinano.

1  Thank Miss_Eiks
Reviewed April 26, 2015

We recently returned from a 16 day cruise of the South Pacific including a stop in Mooera. Had we known how treacherous this trail was, we may have skipped it since my wife and I are 60+. That would have been a mistake because upon returning home, we now rank this hike as one of our three highlights of the entire trip. First of all, be ready for a strenuous (4 hours total)hike up and down and zig zagging on a mostly narrow, slippery and rocky trail. There were only seven of us from the ship daring or interested on going on this guided excursion. Back in the US, my wife and I walk over five miles daily so we were trim and fit. It was still exhausted due to the slippery nature of traversing over wet rocks, dead leaves and tree roots. I wanted to be able to enjoy the scenery of the rainforest but had to keep my eyes focused on my feet at most times. However, the views from the mid summit point were breathtaking! I can't say that that was worth the effort but the exhilaration upon completion was. It took two hours to climb up and another two to get down. Would we do it again? Not likely but we're so darn glad we did!

Date of experience: February 2015
3  Thank Jack L
Reviewed April 19, 2015

To enjoy the view of Papeete and the bay, you can walk up to the Belvedere (quite easy too find, not too far from the center if you like walking). We enjoyed the walk up along this bitumen road. We had a few rainy episode but it cleared up when we arrived at the top and we had a nice view. It is a good way to get away from the bustling city and enjoy a bit of nature!

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank UpsidownEarth
Reviewed April 9, 2015

We visited Belvedere Lookout in March as part of FranckyFranck 4x4 tour (great tour and Franck is so funny guy, highly recommend). This is definitely one of the most scenic locations on the island: from Belvedere Lookout you can see amazing views of both Cooks Bay and Opunohu Bay, also mountains, including Rotui. Great view! Great photo opportunities!
We recommend this place.