“Good service, good price”
Review of Pai Moana Perles

Pai Moana Perles
Ranked #8 of 31 Shopping in Moorea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Black Pearl producer since 1987, no middle man just good prices. Free pick-ups from any hotel ( no obligations ) The designs are simple but elegant at his little shop whose pearls come directly from a pearl farm at Manihi. Small family business, with great service and simply the best product out there for the best prices available. see us fist, and we both win.
Salerno, Italia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Good service, good price”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been in Moorea and I bought pearls in this shop. They PU me in time and the service was very good. I enjoy the pearls they show me and the price was good. If you go there ask for Peter jr and say him that you are recommended by TEDESCO

Visited June 2013

Brussels, Belgium
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Poor service”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We visited Pai Moana pearls today and were very disappointed with the service, the lady was completely apathetic, we disturbed her lunch. We felt uncomfortable and left, visiting a nearby store (Herman Pearls), where we were welcomed and given much advice before spending 100,000 PCF.

Visited May 2012
Pai Moana Pearl... M, Manager at Pai Moana Perles, responded to this review, March 6, 2015
i am very sorry and heart broken reading this review as it is the only negative one we have. this is not an excuse, but i was 5 months pregnant at the time and having a bad day. this will definitely not happen again. my warmest and deepest apologies Vaea Ringland
Houston, Texas
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“The most beautiful Tahitian pearls”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

When in French Polynesia, you will be overwhelmed by the countless pearls stores and loose pearls vendors. They are everywhere ! Now, let me share a secret with you, the best pearls and value for money are at the Pai Moana Pearls in Moorea. Peter, a Canadian, long established in Polynesia and owning his own pearl farm, is the most knowledgeable person regarding the Tahitian Black Pearls and you can sense his passion for his trade. This small boutique has nothing to envy to any other jewelery stores. The service provided by Peter Sr, his daughter Vaea, his son Peter Jr is friendly but without any pressure. They will provide you with quality pearls at the price you choose and Peter is always open for negotiation. We were so taken by their creations that we bought beautiful cufflings for my husband, a made to measure multicolors pearls bracelet for myself (I told them my budget and Peter helped me choose my pearls and made my bracelet within 30 minutes) and my husband surprised me with the most gorgeous/perfect 12.0m, Grade A, Round Shape, Peacock Color Pearl surrounded by 36 small diamonds ring, designed by Peter Sr. himself- simply one of a kind ! and wait, the price was very reasonable and my jeweler in USA appraised it at 4 times its value !

So next time you are in Moorea, do yourself a favor and go to Pai Moana Pearls even if it only to look at their remarkable pearls, it is worth the trip and they even provide transport back and forth from your hotel/ship to their store.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank ThePerrys_10
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good Design with reasonable price”
Reviewed December 14, 2010

It is a family run business with their own pearl farm in Mahini. Peter (2nd generation) is very knowledgable about the pearl and the design. There is no pressure from him to buy even they pickup and drop off from hotel. Their price is very reasonable and their design is nice. They don't mark up the price 300% and then 50% off and you can bargin down another half off like other pearl shops we visited in the island.
My wife was able to select from large amount of loose pearl and different setting for her ear-rings. They also resize my wife ring for her within two days. Peter was so nice and my wife endup buying sets for our in-law. He give us a good deal.

1 Thank wachu12