“Beautiful place to stay!”

Hotel Les Tipaniers
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Moorea
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We loved this hotel! Best location on the island! Not fancy, but really cute. Very clean, nice to have a kitchen to make coffee and breakfast! Beautiful beach with fabulous swimming. You must go out and swim with the sharks not too far from the hotel. Go for a nice walk to the store and pick up things to snack on. I would definately recommend this hotel. Good value. The restaurant is excellent too. And the staff were very friendly!

Room Tip: Bungalows close to the beach are good but the garden ones were perfect too! All were nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank suttona003

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hotel was okay, rooms subpar, but views were beautiful and restaurant was quite good. Our sleep was comfortable, as there was a nice breeze at night through the window. The island itself was amazing and my fiancé and I enjoyed exploring it on our scooter and stopping off for drinks or lunch at the high end hotels :). We werent looking for 5 star and were completely content with the quietness of Tipaniers grounds. This is a great place to stay if you are on a budget, travelling with friends or children as you can't beat the price for Moorea and it's on the beach!!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amber e
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had to move around Moorea a couple of times before I found this area which to me is the best. There is a shopping mall and some restaurants within walking distance, and the private beach-area just looks picture perfect along with its immediate possibilities for snorkeling. The prices are not all that bad, and the bungalow had its own pretty well equipped kitchen. Both the beach bar and the restaurant is good, there are plenty of activities to join in the area and the staff is friendly and mostly speaks english alright. However, I never managed to get rid of all of the mosquitoes in the bungalow - and there was no AC, so I either got too hot at night from hiding under the sheet, or I woke up with quite some stings. This should maybe be expected on such a tropic island. There is free wifi all over the place. Overall a great stay.
PS. - I had a blast exploring this wonderful island by scooter.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank jomzen
Reviewed January 29, 2014

After visiting the beach here, we fell in love with the area and booked in for the final night of our stay on Mo'orea. In terms of location - it's perfect. Beautiful white sandy beach with access to kayaks and boats to get over to the Ray and Shark feeding point in seconds and any of the 3 beautiful atolls, positioned opposite. Situated on the northerly western tip, it feels well positioned for afternoon sunshine and misses some of the heavier, longer morning rainfalls other areas of the island take the brunt of.

Our bungalow was very reasonably priced for Mo'orea and was very comfortable. However, as travellers on a budget, there were no cooking facilities or complimentary breakfast, so eating at the restaurant, whilst delicious, adds up. Wifi however, is widely available and free which is a bonus. Whilst kayaks cost extra, the Polynesian style boats were also complimentary with our stay. As two, fit young travellers, we really struggled to get to grips with it and couldn't beat the current on our return leg. We ended up having to jump and swim behind our boat pushing it home.Whilst funny, do be careful of the currents in these waters and the sharp coral - would take reef shoes and stick to the kayaks!

I would definitely recommend this property to others - it's location is the epitome of tropical island beauty at a fraction of the price for other, similarly located hotels. The restaurant is tipped to be the best on the island too, so enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LettsieLondon
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am American. I am currently living in Tahiti for work and go to Moorea all the time to retreat to a smaller island.

I have spent at least 7 weekends there in the last year.
I enjoyed my stay at Les Tipaniers very much!!! This is a great find for me and one of the best beaches on the island. This isn't a resort feel but if you are looking for great value and a clean place then I would go here. I stayed at the Kaveka recently and HANDS DOWN would pick Tipaniers over that place. Here they didn't charge me for internet or too borrow the bike to go shopping down the street. The staff remembered my name instantly and would say hi to me around the property.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Marissa G
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. We stayed in the end beach bungalow which was ideal. Unfiltered view of the beach and ocean. The view was postcard worthy. It was great as our kids could play in the shallow water as we lounged on the deck relaxing. French Polynesia is as expensive as everyone says so having a fully equipped kitchen was huge. We ate breakfast once in the restaurant but self catered the rest of the breakfast. This is not a high end place but it is clean. The beach is very nice and people from other locations visit to enjoy. We were there during the week so it was not busy at all. We were able to rent kayaks next to our bungalow ** to go to the "motu". We didn't get there but we kayakad. Great experience.
The dinner restaurant serves up the best "Poisson Cru". My hubby has never had sushi and this is nothing like that. We had it 3 nights in a row. (Wish I had some now). Exceptional dish.
The hotel offers bikes that allowed us to get supplies at the nearby shops. 10 min walk that feels like 30 mins in the humid heat.
Restaurants in Moorea close at 2:30 & we were starving after we took a nap on arrival day. The restaurant accommodated and made us sandwiches. Thanks for that.
Downside:
- No AC, fans barely gave a breeze but we managed by leaving windows open.
- **Kayak rental booth was next to our bungalow and in the morning they would take their kayaks out and lean them up against our bungalow making loud banging sounds. If we weren't already up due to messed time change we would have been annoyed.

Thanks to Marienna and staff for making our stay wonderful.
I wish there was an easier way to book this hotel directly instead of through a handful of agents.

Room Tip: Beach Bungalow with kitchen will come in handy. Not the end unit of you like to sleep in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Shiru W
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Very well located, almost in front of the 2 motus (small islands) were you can dive and bath. Breakfast was very good ( talking about the french pastries and coffee.) a bit expensive though.
Bungalows are clean and have plenty of space.
The only bad point are the smokers around the open space were you eat. Right they sit outside but still close enough so that you swallow nicotine with each bite you take at your food. SOOO BAD !!! French Polynesia just adopted a law stating that smoking is now prohibited in all public places even open spaces ...

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the beach, not those in the back which are too close from each other. Don'...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family