Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Agoda.com
$288
$266
  • Beachfront
Village Temanoha(Cook's Bay)(Great Value!)
$121
Hotel Les Tipaniers(Moorea)(Great Value!)
$149
Green Lodge(Moorea)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
3,610 results
All reviewscrepe barcrepesgarden bungalowfishfrench polynesiaour honeymoonlilikoiatv tourplunge poolalbert tourswater bungalowrented a carbreakfast buffetrum drinkstiki villagepanoramic viewsharks swimming
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We are typically budget travellers but splurged on a king panoramic overwater bungalow, and it was well worth it to take max advantage of PHENOMENAL snorkeling & the beautiful setting! All the amenities & luxuries you would expect and then some (like complimentary welcome champagne), plus a literal aquarium steps away. We loved relaxing there so much we didn't even go to the pool or do any of the tours/activities. Bonus for this redhead? The bungalow allows you to enjoy it all in the sun or in the shade. Only sorta downsides? Food is expensive (but that's the case everywhere in Polynesia) & the bathroom toilet is not very private.

1  Thank Ashley S
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guests,

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay us; I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team.

Again thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Fantastic honeymoon spot on Moorea island! Once you expereince the fish-filled lagoon outside your door it's hard to imagine vacationing anywhere else. No complaints with this resort but be prepared - food and drinks are expensive, both at the resort and not any better at off-site restaurants. The Hilton Concierge desk is very helfpul to plan local activities or help with your stay. Stay in an overwater bugalow for a unique expereince, you won't regret spending the extra money.

1  Thank Jeffrey P

Dear Guests,

The team and I would like to thank you for sharing your comments online and for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

First off, as you've no doubt figured out by all the reviews, the Hilton Moorea and Moorea in general is beautiful, unique, and worth every single penny you will surely spend here. My Husband and I started planning our Tahiti dream vacation for our 5th Anniversary a year and a half ago and were fortunate enough to have had the experience of a lifetime. Without question, the Hilton is great, in a good location, and provides everything you should need/want while in Moorea. Our experience was awesome, but there were a few things I wish would have been different...

- The check-in process was crazy for us. We went to the Four Seasons Bora Bora after our stay in Moorea and comparatively speaking the service we received at the Four Seasons blows away the Hilton. We arrived at the Hilton at 10AM and after going back and forth with the staff we didn't get into our room until 2PM. After such a long time traveling this was disappointing. Plus, we arrived with a ton of other couples and everything seemed so disorganized with bags everywhere in the lobby and people fighting for service. I personally think the check-in process needs some help.

- We started off our stay in a beach bungalow, which was lovely, and moved to a sunset view OWB for our anniversary (during our last two days out of five total). Both views were nice and we enjoyed the decor in the rooms. I especially loved the claw-foot tub. We did have tons of ants in the beach bungalow, which they came and sprayed for halfway through our stay. Also, the roosters hang out by the beach, so mornings proved to be noisy in the beach bungalow.

- The biggest misstep of the trip happened on our actual anniversary. We booked a romantic dinner on the beach, but it started pouring about an hour before the dinner. The hotel was prompt to call us and offer to do the dinner in our room, which we accepted, expecting to receive the same level of service we would have on the beach. Keep in mind this is a very expensive dinner... a staff member came to our room around 6:15PM to set up our table, which looked lovely. He said he would be back at 7PM with our meal, but didn't arrive, so we called at 7:45PM to see where he was (as we were really hungry). He finally came back close to 8PM and was very clearly very frazzled. See, he was the room service guy and was quite overwhelmed since it was raining and everyone was ordering room service - he was the only person handling room service that night. While in our room, he was answering calls while attempting to serve us. It was a disaster! I finally told me Husband I am not paying for this experience and we cancelled the whole thing right there. We ended up getting crepes from the bar, which were good, but this whole experience sucked on our anniversary. In addition, my Husband spoke with the food manager and he thought the crepes would be covered by the hotel for the huge disaster evening we had, but we ended up paying for them...

Even with this misstep above, we had an amazing time. The facilities at the hotel are awesome. We checked out the other hotels on the island and this location is surely the best. The rooms are beautiful, and we so enjoyed being able to snorkel right outside of our room. In fact, our travel agent had suggested we save money in Moorea and stay in a garden bungalow, but my two cents is to just spring for the OWB if you can. The experience here was totally different than Bora Bora (as the water is deeper there and you don't really snorkel from your OWB there). Get a sunset view if you can - the sunsets are amazing, though there is a nice spot to watch the sunset at the end of the dock. The food overall was pretty good. We especially loved the chicken club sandwich at the beach restaurant - OMG so AMAZING (dreaming of it now). The beach and all the public areas are so well kept. The concierge staff was very helpful as well.

All in all, I can't wait to have the chance to come back. Moorea and Bora Bora are so beautiful and unique. You wouldn't think they are so different, but they are. While in Moorea, I highly recommend staying at this Hilton... I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Spring for the OWB if you can - the experience compared with Bora Bora is so different. You travel all the way to Tahiti for this... just do the OWB if you can!
1  Thank travelfoodie1018

Dear Guests,

Firstly let me apologize for the inconvenience you encountered for your anniversary as this is not the standard of hospitality we want to deliver; rest assured that I will make sure to address the manager concerned.

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments online; I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and knowing you recommend us is a very good compliment.

Again from the entire team and myself, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, and thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

There were several positives about the Hilton Moorea resort like the Toatea Crepe Restaurant, Dinah at the concierge, Heinui at the front desk, and Moe at the activities desk. However, the negatives outweighed them. Trying to enjoy a "5-star" hotel, is extremely difficult when seeing and experiencing so many inadequacies. Between the dirty room and its malfunctions, injured animals, broken activity equipment, and more, I know Hilton can do better. However! Hilton redeemed itself with its Bora Bora resort. Stay tuned.

1  Thank creichmuth

Dear Guests,

Firstly let me apologize for the inconvenience you encountered; I am glad to read on the positive feed back you gave us, and I am sorry to read on the negatives, though I will make sure to address them to the managers concerned in order to take corrective actions.

As well I will share your comments with Dinah, Heinui, Moe and the Toatea team.

The team and I thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea for your holidays.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Moorea for our honeymoon. After a busy week in Hawaii, the Hilton was perfect. Very relaxing. Our days consisted of sleeping, eating and of course swimming and snorkeling. The water was AMAZING! So blue and clear. The temperature was warm. We had a panoramic OWB. The room was very clean and had plenty of space. The bathroom was big with a large bath.
Prior to arriving we had decided that we would do the private romantic dinner on the beach. Once we arrived and tried to book, we were told that it was booked out. They only hold 2 per night once or twice a week. We were pretty upset as this was something that was important to us.
The staff were friendly and always helpful. We had dinner at the crepe bar and it was VERY slow, they even told us to order and then go to our room and they will call us once it is ready. Every night underneath the crepe bar reef sharks can be seen without fail.
We were also lucky enough to see pods of whales on the edges of the lagoon.
Make sure you make use of the two for one cocktail hour as they are $20 aud each.
Food is expensive, but that was expected.
Overall it is a beautiful place and i would love to come back for our anniversary one day.

Room Tip: We had Bungalow 86. Which had views of the sunset over the mountain and very private. It is right at the end of the pier. I emailed the Hilton prior to our stay to tell them my room preferences. Some rooms look back at the land and some look into other bungalows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

CONGRATULATIONS!

I would like to thank you for your comments posted and I will make sure to share them with the entire team and to address the person concerned for the lack of service experienced; still I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Again thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays; and we are looking foward to welcome you back for your anniversary.