Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Hotel Kaveka(Maharepa)
$154
$126
  • Beachfront
Village Temanoha(Cook's Bay)(Great Value!)
$127
Priceline
Travelocity
Green Lodge(Moorea)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
3,567 results
All reviewscrepe barcrepesgarden bungalowfrench polynesiafishour honeymoonlilikoiatv tourplunge poolalbert tourswater bungalowrented a carrum drinksbreakfast buffettiki villagepanoramic viewsharks swimming
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed only one night at this beautiful resort while on a trans-Pacific cruise from Sydney to San Francisco. Our ship had a one day stop in Papeete and the next day's stop was Moorea. We disembarked the ship in Papeete and took the ferry to Moorea to stay at the Hilton then reboard the ship the next day. After reading reviews on this site we had chosen one of the rooms further on the lagoon hoping for a wider view of the ocean and were not disappointed.

Our room was just like you see in pictures and imagine for a overwater bungalow. The bathroom was spectacular, the bed was comfortable, and the view from our private deck was amazing! I woke up as the sun was rising and looked out across the ocean to see our ship traveling to its stop in Moorea, it was a bit of a relief to know it was there and we could get onboard to continue our travels!

We had dinner at the crepe bar and there were many choices of yummy crepes. We loved the glass floor and watching fish and sharks swim under us! Unfortunately, their service was a little slow and it began to pour down rain so we placed our order then headed to our room and waited for it to be delivered.

Our biggest regret was only having one night to spend at this wonderful place, we would love to go back and have more time.

Room Tip: We paid more to have a room with a wider ocean view, any of the overwater bungalows would be wonderful. The ones nearer to the beach would be easier to swim from if you are not comfortable swimming.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lhall85917
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this resort. We stayed in OWB #93. They took care of us since the second we arrived until 4 hours after we checked out. The property itself is beautiful. They keep everything extremely clean and maintained. They keep track of all of our transfers and excursions for us....which weren't even booked through the hotel. I was sick one day and one of the concierges gave me her personal Ibuprofen. The food at the grill was great. The bars were hit or miss on service. The steakhouse was horrible. Do no waste 2 hours of your life eating there. The crepe bar is amazing.

The room was out of this world. They kept everything immaculate. The ocean was full of fish and other sea life the second you get in the water.

Room Tip: 93 was great. Wasn't too far of a walk out and wasn't too close to the beach. Faces the sunset. We originally wanted 109, 107, 105, or 103 but in retrospect it would be too far to walk every time you leave or return to the room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We arrived from the Ferry at 10:30 am. The staff met us and took our bags. The check in desk acknowledged our arrival with please go take a seat while we check you in. We were giving access to the beach and all hotel amenities while we waited for our room. When our room was ready were were taken there by a rickshaw. We requested and receieved an ocen view over the water bungalow. So peaceful and beautiful. We brought our teenage son with us and the couch next to the floor viewing glass was already made up for him. We were there a few minutes before we had free champagne delivered to our door. Then we received 2 sarong wraps. We spent long hours snorkeling off our deck. Our first morning we watched a spotted Eagle Ray swim by. We saw several octupi. One camped out under our deck. I would love to return.
Our room had 2 "American" plug ins. There is free wifi in the hotel lobby.
One suggestion is to make sure you buy bottle water off property. The water sold on property is 3 to 7 times more expensive than at the local market or gas station. We were in walking distance to a little garden cafe.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I came to the French Polynesian Islands on our Honeymoon. We chartered a catamaran with a captain and sailed around Raiatea, Ta-ha & Bora Bora, we were then dropped off at the four seasons (which was amazing) and then came to Moorea. My only regret was I wish we would of fit Moorea in before Bora Bora.

*Important to know, that if you are planning on staying at any of the newer resorts in Bora Bora like the Four Seasons (our Favorite) or the St. Regis before coming to Moorea – You will be disappointed. The rooms, cleanliness, quality, food and hotel staff fails in comparison. My Biggest recommendation for you is to stop in Moorea at the beginning of your trip and only stay 3 days, and then go on to Bora Bora.
Moorea is BEAUTIFUL and an island worth seeing. The water is clearer then any of the other islands and unfortunately The Hilton (after seeing many of the other Hotels on the island while stopping to pick up guests for an excursion) is the best resort on the island. I just cannot understand why someone has not built a more updated and luxurious hotel there yet, with so many tourists visiting there every year.

PROS
– The water is nice and shallow, even on the farthest O/W bungalow (which is where our room was) So its great to dip in.
-The snorkeling from your deck is phenomenal. Very clear visibility and so many great reefs with plenty of beautifully colored fish.
- Rudy’s is a great restaurant on the island.
- Shark and Stingray excursion booked through hotel was exciting.

Cons.
- The spa was GROSS. It felt dirty and dated, and while the massage itself was good the experience was ruined from feeling of the facility. The changing room had bugs and Dusty. It looked as through it had not been thoroughly cleaned in weeks. If staying here I urge you not to use the spa.
- While none of the staff were extremely welcoming, the staff at the breakfast buffet were horrendous especially the rude hostess. Several times I would ask them for a napkin, or order a side of milk, and they would just ignore me.
After the horrible breakfast experience, you could not pay me to eat there for dinner.
- The lobby does not have a concierge. You have to sit at three different desks to make a reservation for dinner, excursion or spa. If you ask one person about dinner reservations, they just point at the other girl, where you then have to wait your turn. I just think it shows the lack of service for the guests.
- I didn’t particular feel like the rooms were extremely clean. There were scuffmarks on the walls and the door had smudges of grease and sun tan lotion.
Overall - Visit Moorea, If you can find a better location then the Hilton, GO FOR IT! But if you stay here make sure its on the first part of your trip and limit your time here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Down2Mars
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at the Hilton Moorea in March of 2013 for our honeymoon. We stayed in the King garden pool bungalow which was perfect for us. The room was tastefully decorated and the beds were very comfortable. On the first day of our trip I sustained an injury and had to get stitches in Moorea. The front desk staff went above and beyond by calling a Dr. to my room immediately after the accident. The front desk agent seemed to really care, and even called to check up on me later in the day. While the trip was somewhat affected the staff was very friendly to us the entire time. They even changed the date of our pre planned shark/ray feeding tour to accomodate me.
Yes, the kitchen and the drinks are slow, but I chalked it up to the staff being on island time. Enjoy the reef and the snorkeling and take advantage of the beautiful island of Moorea while you're there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple