Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Hotel Hibiscus(Papetoai)
Green Lodge(Moorea)
  • Breakfast included
3,567 results
All reviewscrepe barcrepesgarden bungalowfrench polynesiafishour honeymoonlilikoiatv tourplunge poolalbert tourswater bungalowrented a carrum drinksbreakfast buffettiki villagepanoramic viewsharks swimming
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We arrived from the Ferry at 10:30 am. The staff met us and took our bags. The check in desk acknowledged our arrival with please go take a seat while we check you in. We were giving access to the beach and all hotel amenities while we waited for our room. When our room was ready were were taken there by a rickshaw. We requested and receieved an ocen view over the water bungalow. So peaceful and beautiful. We brought our teenage son with us and the couch next to the floor viewing glass was already made up for him. We were there a few minutes before we had free champagne delivered to our door. Then we received 2 sarong wraps. We spent long hours snorkeling off our deck. Our first morning we watched a spotted Eagle Ray swim by. We saw several octupi. One camped out under our deck. I would love to return.
Our room had 2 "American" plug ins. There is free wifi in the hotel lobby.
One suggestion is to make sure you buy bottle water off property. The water sold on property is 3 to 7 times more expensive than at the local market or gas station. We were in walking distance to a little garden cafe.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I came to the French Polynesian Islands on our Honeymoon. We chartered a catamaran with a captain and sailed around Raiatea, Ta-ha & Bora Bora, we were then dropped off at the four seasons (which was amazing) and then came to Moorea. My only regret was I wish we would of fit Moorea in before Bora Bora.

*Important to know, that if you are planning on staying at any of the newer resorts in Bora Bora like the Four Seasons (our Favorite) or the St. Regis before coming to Moorea – You will be disappointed. The rooms, cleanliness, quality, food and hotel staff fails in comparison. My Biggest recommendation for you is to stop in Moorea at the beginning of your trip and only stay 3 days, and then go on to Bora Bora.
Moorea is BEAUTIFUL and an island worth seeing. The water is clearer then any of the other islands and unfortunately The Hilton (after seeing many of the other Hotels on the island while stopping to pick up guests for an excursion) is the best resort on the island. I just cannot understand why someone has not built a more updated and luxurious hotel there yet, with so many tourists visiting there every year.

PROS
– The water is nice and shallow, even on the farthest O/W bungalow (which is where our room was) So its great to dip in.
-The snorkeling from your deck is phenomenal. Very clear visibility and so many great reefs with plenty of beautifully colored fish.
- Rudy’s is a great restaurant on the island.
- Shark and Stingray excursion booked through hotel was exciting.

Cons.
- The spa was GROSS. It felt dirty and dated, and while the massage itself was good the experience was ruined from feeling of the facility. The changing room had bugs and Dusty. It looked as through it had not been thoroughly cleaned in weeks. If staying here I urge you not to use the spa.
- While none of the staff were extremely welcoming, the staff at the breakfast buffet were horrendous especially the rude hostess. Several times I would ask them for a napkin, or order a side of milk, and they would just ignore me.
After the horrible breakfast experience, you could not pay me to eat there for dinner.
- The lobby does not have a concierge. You have to sit at three different desks to make a reservation for dinner, excursion or spa. If you ask one person about dinner reservations, they just point at the other girl, where you then have to wait your turn. I just think it shows the lack of service for the guests.
- I didn’t particular feel like the rooms were extremely clean. There were scuffmarks on the walls and the door had smudges of grease and sun tan lotion.
Overall - Visit Moorea, If you can find a better location then the Hilton, GO FOR IT! But if you stay here make sure its on the first part of your trip and limit your time here.

3  Thank Down2Mars
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at the Hilton Moorea in March of 2013 for our honeymoon. We stayed in the King garden pool bungalow which was perfect for us. The room was tastefully decorated and the beds were very comfortable. On the first day of our trip I sustained an injury and had to get stitches in Moorea. The front desk staff went above and beyond by calling a Dr. to my room immediately after the accident. The front desk agent seemed to really care, and even called to check up on me later in the day. While the trip was somewhat affected the staff was very friendly to us the entire time. They even changed the date of our pre planned shark/ray feeding tour to accomodate me.
Yes, the kitchen and the drinks are slow, but I chalked it up to the staff being on island time. Enjoy the reef and the snorkeling and take advantage of the beautiful island of Moorea while you're there.

1  Thank LovinRoseville
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just came back from visiting Moorea for 3 nights at the Hilton and Bora Bora 4 nights at the St Regis. I have to say the St Regis provided an outstanding service compared to the Hilton.
We had the breakfast included in our package and the restaurant was great in the morning with the wide variety of food. We enjoyed especially the fresh bakery items and sweet fruit and crepes. The breakfast was really enjoyed as we travelled from all the way from Toronto we woke up early in the morning due to a time difference. Later in the day we were more thirsty than hungry.
There was a lot of activities negotiated for us in the package, and it is really worth to use a travel agent. Before booking this trip I was checking all the Canadian websites and travel companies and called Air Canada Vacations. I am very happy I decided to book my trip with Pacific-For-Less the great value of the package we received and the professional service from Jennifer.
We had a great snorkeling trip swimming with the sharks escorted with a speedboat flying trough the pristine waters, looking at the changing color of the blue as the water debt changes. It just feels magical, I will remember it on many cold Canadian nights.
We enjoyed the free champagne as well, it just a perfect ease of the mind, helps to relax after traveling this far.
The corals and the sea life was amazing under the over water bungalows and at the beach. The water is shallow enough and so clear so we can see the fish all different colors even when we walk to the crepe restaurant on the boardwalk.
The view of the mountains are great even from our room, and the palm trees are really luscious, and the hotel's landscape is well looked after.
Perfect romantic vacation, try Pacific-For-Less when you book from Canada!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Beautiful property, we stayed 3 nights in a deluxe overwater bungalow, which was divine. I think the 'deluxe' rooms tend to have unobstructed water/island views - some of the other bungalows look out at each other. Definitely worth it, IMO - if you're already spending that much $, you want the whole experience. Public/dining areas very pleasant; you won't want to leave your room much!

Room Tip: Go 'deluxe' with the overwater bungalows
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple