Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
$140
$291
$260
  • Beachfront
Village Temanoha(Cook's Bay)(Great Value!)
$122
Hotel Les Tipaniers(Moorea)(Great Value!)
$151
$138
  • Beachfront
Moorea Surf Inn(Haapiti)(Great Value!)
$112
$371
  • Pool
Painapaopao Backpacker(Moorea)(Great Value!)
3,607 results
All reviewscrepe barcrepesgarden bungalowfrench polynesiafishour honeymoonlilikoiatv tourplunge poolalbert tourswater bungalowrented a carrum drinksbreakfast buffettiki villagepanoramic viewsharks swimming
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights as part of our Honeymoon and I have to say this is probably THE place to stay while on Moorea (5 minute flight from Tahiti). The resort is beautifully maintained with lush vegetation and gorgeous landscaping. It's not massive so it gave us the luxury boutique-type feel. Though we went in peak season, we never ever felt crowded. We had unlimited access to beach loungers, beach equipment, poolside loungers and restaurant availability.

Overwater Huts: Beautiful, clean, modern! We really enjoyed sitting out on our loungers on our deck and spending the days snorkling off the ladders (tip: bring your own snorkel equipment and just borrow flippers from the resort)

Beach: Relatively small beach area where the water is full of coral/stones so not the best swimming beach but PLENTY of marine life to enjoy and fairly calm waters for paddle boarding, kayaking, etc.

Pool: Lovely, large pool (seemed to be a hit with the very few children that were there)

Restaurant: Cannot say enough about the Crepe Bar and the restaurant. The food was superb. We felt as though we ate in a 5 star restaurant every day and the selection of fresh seafood, chicken and beef was great. The Crepe Bar had the best atmosphere where you sit out on the overwater planks outside at night and watch the reef sharks circling - hauntingly beautiful!

Costs: Nothing to say here except everything is expensive (eg: $25 CAD pina colada...$30 cheeseburger!)... don't bother with Tahiti and area unless you are prepared to pay up for the equisite surroundings, food, accomodations and ambience.

Other: Moorea itself is quite small. We rented a car through our hotel one day and probably drove the whole island in about 2 hours, stopping along the way to enjoy the views (1 traffic light on the whole island!). Definitely worth doing to enjoy incredible view points like the Belvedere Lookout. Tip: do this early in your stay and you can stop at the convenience/grocery stores to pick up snacks and cheaper drinks than the resort offers.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra dollars to stay overwater. Any of the overwater bungalows appeared to be good choices.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RileyOscar
olarcher, General Manager at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank you for sharing such great comments with others. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your bungalow very much as well as the high level of maintenance of our property.
Thank you for choosing our hospitality and we look forward to welcoming you back in our pacific paradise.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Moorea for five nights in June 2012 in an over-water bungalow. It was out of this world. Nothing bad to report. Words cannot describe the beauty of the region and how remote you feel when you are there.

We were slightly concerned about the reviews regarding food prices, but coming from a city environment, the price of a meal was within a similar price range...and breakfast each morning was included in our package. The portions were very large and most days we split lunch at the hotel or didn't eat at all (due to our very indulgent breakfast!)

There was a huge rainstorm/monsoon one night and our bungalow roof leaked a bit. When we informed the hotel so they could repair the roof and prevent water damage, they were extremely apologetic and comped our meal/tickets to one of their fire dance shows (we highly recommend both dance shows!).

During our stay, we took advantage of one of the half-day island tours and really enjoyed the opportunity to see more of the island. There was also a wedding on the beach one morning which was a real treat to watch!

If you have the opportunity to go, we recommend it without a doubt. We had limited time for travel and choose Moorea over Bora Bora due its proximity to Tahiti and ability to travel via ferry rather than plane. From several fortunate friends who also had the opportunity to vacation in the French Polynesia, we were told Moorea was their favorite island.

PS - The sharks under the village that came to visit at night were a real treat!

Room Tip: I think we were in bungalow 92 - overwater bungalow facing the ocean, center of the overwater bungalow village. The rooms with "360" views had a lot of bird activity and droppings around their entrance. Very glad we did not stay in one!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steveNlaureNsnoop

Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank you for your outstanding review of your stay with us.
I am happy you noticed that our food price is within a similar price range of a city restaurant.
Thank you for choosing our hospitality and we look forward to welcoming you in paradise.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent 6 days at the Moorea Hilton during December. I spent two days in a garden room and 4 in an OWB.

This Hilton was nice - I liked that it was relatively compact. Most of the info for the Hilton has been covered so I won't go into much detail... but I will focus on a few things.

I liked the garden room - I especially enjoyed the plunge pool after playing tennis. And of course, I loved the luxury of the OWB but I'm glad I stayed in both types of room.

I was there during Christmas and the "mandatory" Christmas dinner felt like robbery. $200 per person is extreme.... and to say it’s mandatory, well it just felt odd to say the least. And on top of that, I thought the dinner and entertainment was average. I spoke with some guests who decided not to go and I still would like to know if they were charged. The staff at the Hilton told me I would be charged even if I decided not to attend.

The tennis courts were nice but there were made of plastic tiles. I am sure they are constructed that way because of rainfall and drainage but I just had never seen that mentioned. I didn't mind it - it was just different and took a little getting used to.

The crape bar at the hotel was fun and the food was good but I thought everything else at the hotel was expensive and average.

The staff at the hotel was very nice but I wasn't overly impressed. A couple of snafus with the concierge and staff negatively impacted my visit. I requested an OWB as far as possible from the crape bar but was given the one closest to it. Really? I'm a diamond member and have been for years and while I admit I had hoped for upgrades, I didn't expect them. But I was kinda surprised they just ignored the few requests I did make. Also, I used the concierge staff to arrange for a car rental the last day of my trip but when but when the day came, there was no reservation. That error made the last day more hectic than it should have been in several ways.

Overall, I enjoyed the visit.... but just left with the impression that personally, the trip (and hotel) wasn't worth the time or money it takes to visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chester

Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank you for sharing your observations with others. I thrully am sorry to read you did not enjoyed the Christmas diner we organised as well as your room allocation. We were almost fully booked during this period and I am pretty sure that is the reason why we have not been able to honor your request.
I hope that despite your disapointment you will allow us to welcome you back at the Hilton moorea
Thank you for your loyalty and for choosing our hospitality,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here in Moorea for 3 days on our honeymoon before heading on to Bora Bora. Pluses first: We stayed in a Lagoon Bungalow which is basically the same as an overwater bungalow except the only difference we could see was that it was the closest overwater bungalow to shore. We were literally overwater and could jump off our deck and snorkel with all the fish that swum around our villa. Moorea has a lot more coral than bora bora so the experience of jumping in the water with all our snorkel gear and swimming with fish was fantastic here. Our villa was amazing, we were very happy with the facilities. Hilton service was uneven--we had to doublecheck that we were getting our complimentary champagne and wine gifts for our honeymoon which we did not have to do for any other resort that we stayed at during our honeymoon. We were asked to provide our marriage certificate upon arrival of our stay-which again, was not requested at either the St Regis or the 4 seasons which we also stayed at during our honeymoon. Nor were we congratulated at the Hilton either, we were treated a little more as part of the honeymoon factory couple that come by every day. This may be true, but I'm sure it was also true at the St Regis in Bora Bora and at the 4 Seasons but we were made to feel more special there. As many have mentioned, the crepe bar is fantastic, and I would also recommend that you check out Michaels pizza, only 50 metres walk to the left of the hilton and other cafes such as Liloket around the edges of the property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Travelcat19

Dear Sir, Madame,

Congratulations from all of us for your recent wedding !
Thank you sharing your observations with others. I am sincerely thrilled to read you enjoyed your pool bungalow closed to the beach and also our famous crepes restaurant.
Thank you for choosing our hospitality.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is great! This place is expensive, but well worth it. The hotel provides free scuba gear, kayaks, paddle boards, and paddle boats for free. The food is great but very few options, a cheeseburger cost bout $25 US bucks. There are a few local restaurants that will pick you and brings you back! The over water bungalows are amazing and the garden villa rooms have private pool are nice as well, I did both. Staff is great and helpful. The taxi ride should be about 3000-3500 local money from ferry to the hotel which is about 20 minute ride about 10 miles from ferry.

Room Tip: If you can afford it get the over water bungalow. It is Amazing
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends