Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Village Temanoha(Cook's Bay)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
3,567 results
All reviewscrepe barcrepesgarden bungalowfrench polynesiafishour honeymoonlilikoiatv tourplunge poolalbert tourswater bungalowrented a carrum drinksbreakfast buffettiki villagepanoramic viewsharks swimming
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Outstanding visit to Moorea with the Hilton the perfect base of operation. We lucked out and scored POWB #109 - the one at the very end with the perfect sunset view. We rented a car with help from the concierge desk via Alberts. Quick and easy since Alberts parks cars at the lot next door. Only took about 15 min before we were on the road and away to see Belvedere. Good snorkeling that got better as you head away from the bungalos and toward the channel markers.

This room was top notch. Staff was extremely helpful making reservations for dinner we ate at Rudy's and Mahahony. Both were very good, I had the stuffed parrotfish at Rudy's, my wife had the filet. Had tuna at Mahogony and wife at the chow mein. The wait was long at Mahogony, but found that most places took a long time. So, sit back and enjoy.

Our only regret was on staying longer to enjoy this hotel and island. We spend more time on Bora Bora, which was great, but I probably would even out the time to 4 days each.

1  Thank austinRob2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We checked in yesterday (12/11/2012) and I thought compelled to make a post to make sure that people who are booked don't cancel because of the comments that have been made about the pool reconstruction.

I must admit, we had been booked here for ages for our honeymoon and were not made aware of the pool closure until we crossed paths with two extremely rude and obnoxious New Zealander's who told us that they had cancelled their booking because the pool was being re-made.

Why anyone would travel to Tahiti only to swim in a pool is beyond me anyway. The beauty of there being no access to the pool is twice daily boat transfers to a private "mori" (island) which has a much better coral reef with stingrays and a vast array of fish species. So the pool issue is a no brainer for me. You have direct access to the water from your bungalows anyway and the hotel beach remains open.

We are staying in a panoramic overwater bungalow at the end of the pontoons. The view is second to non. The room is amazing and the majority of service to date is fantastic. Further, all food we have eaten in the hotel has been spectacular. The meals in the main restaurant last night were beautiful and the chef came to each table to check on the meals. Great hotel thus far.

3  Thank hlnbidoffer
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just returned from our honeymoon in Moorea. Was absolutely amazing!! The staff are very friendly and always greet you with a smile. The food was absolutely fantastic... The breakfast was a highlight. Every breakfast food you could ever want, excellently cooked. The hotel is located on the bluest water with an abundance of sealife. I also commend the hotels dedication to preserving the marine life. There were numerous free activities like snorkelling and paddle boats or just lazing in the shade overlooking the sea with a cold cocktail. The hotel were also great at helping us book a view memorable tours. All in all a once in lifetime experience and a paradise I'll never forget.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Armich
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We spent 8 nights here for our honeymoon - 4 in the deluxe garden bungalow (#48) and 4 in an overwater bungalow (#57). The hotel is in the most gorgeous spot on the island and the rooms are wonderful. When we first got there we were disappointed to find out they had lost our reservation but Gaille (front office manager) said not to worry it would all be sorted and it was (with an upgrade to the deluxe garden bungalow). Since we couldn't check in until 2pm we had 3 hours to wander the grounds and have lunch at the beautiful rotui bar & grill on the beach (get the cheeseburger!!) Had i realised we would've been waiting for a while I would have had a backpack with togs in it. The rooms are beautiful with a lovely high thatched roof and the private plunge pool is the perfect way to cool off and stay out of the sun. Our garden bungalow deck looked straight out onto the beach. (46-48 are the ones that overlook the main beach). I'd like to write a whole review just on the beds they have there, I have never slept so well in my life and I'm a bad sleeper normally. The overwater bungalows are wonderful too and we loved going out to look at the fish that were always around. When we snorkelled we saw a stingray and lots of different kinds of fish. The breakfast buffet was delicious with lots of choice, but I would recommend the omelette bar the most. The restaurant had a wonderful view of the water, we never grew tired of it. As the other reviews say the hotel is very expensive even by FP standards if you walk right out of the hotel there is a little store 15 mins down the road where you can get drinks/chips etc. which are less than half the price of the hotel. The crepe bar was great, we ate dinner there twice and our favourite was nutella & banana sweet crepe. The sharks come down at around 7pm and its fun to eat dinner while watching them swim around beneath us. Unfortunately we never made it to the restaurant for dinner but we did go to Rudy's (ask reception to make a booking and the courtesy shuttle bus will pick you up and drop you back again). I had the much hyped parrot fish and I understand the hype - amazing. My husband had the steak which he loved too. Rudy Sr is very sweet and you are very well looked after from start to finish. Very reasonable prices too! We did the ATV tour with Damon, he is the best guide and he speaks english very well. We were in a group of only 4 ATV's which is a lot more personal than the other tours which take about 10 at a time. His tour was 160 000 for 2 people on 1 ATV. You can find him at the "Tahitian Cultural House" right next door to Rudys restaurant. Look for the ATV's in the shed next door. His mum works in the cultural house so she will help if he's not around.
My best tips for staying here - don't underestimate how expensive everything in FP is. The garden bungalow is definitely worth staying in simply for the chance to swim anytime you want which you don't get with the OWB. Try the Tahitian beers, Hinano & Tabu. The staff are extremely helpful and available at all times, never be afraid to ask for something if you need it. And finally make sure you try and get a ferry that arrives in the afternoon so you can check in when you get there and a ferry that leaves in the early afternoon when you leave so you don't have to hang around too long after you've checked out of the room.

Room Tip: The Overwater bungalows on the right side (55, 56, 57 etc.) do not overlook the hotel beach so they have a lot more privacy when you are out on the deck.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We also stayed at the Hilton Moorea as part of our honeymoon in French Polynesia. We stayed in a garden bungalow which had it's own plunge pool. The staff and rooms were beautifully arranged and spacious. Service was top notch. My only advise is the hotel restaurants tend to be a bit pricey, so if you can eat at local restaurants in town, you will save some money, and sad to say but you will get a better food outside. The amenities are great, lots to do, or not do if you just want to relax and enjoy. Also not much around so you have to depend on local restaurants for pick ups and no real shopping center close by. Still a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I would recommend an over the water bungalow or if you get a garden one, one that a bit more off the beaten path. Can get a bit noisy close to the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple