“the best place to eat in Moorea!”
Review of Snack Mahana

Snack Mahana
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Moorea
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Polynesian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The locals told us about this place, and the food was excellent, and a great value, considering the prices at the regular restaurants.
Rome, Italy
“the best place to eat in Moorea!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Everything is perfect, just they should open for dinner too! The staff is nice and also have a very nice view.

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Munich
“absolutely loved it”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

A little garden by the sea, very friendly staff, delicious food. We had fish with vanilla sauce, a burger, a salad and dessert. Everything was excellent and served generously. The service is not very quick, but it's normal for a small family business that gets very crowded. Only thing to keep in mind : avoid it when it's windy. Otherwise, I would highly recommend it anytime

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“This place is bomb! = That means excellent!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My wife and I ate in a few different places here in Moorea. We are both from the U.S, so we are used to food establishments being a certain way. We came here due to tripadvisor reviews. It’s not too hard to find. I suggest looking for a wooden sign with white painted letters and not too far from the Intercontinental Hotel. We saw a few locals there and arrived around noon on August 13th. We sat near the ocean where we could see stingrays, a shark and a few fish swimming by looking for food. My wife started with the garlic shrimp. “This is bomb!” she says. For those of you who don’t know what that means, she is saying that is superior. They brought us bread and butter and I had a good ‘ole cheeseburger with fries. We ended with dessert: coconut ice cream for the wife and passion sorbet for me. We ended up paying around 5000 francs for the meal. Not cheap, but not too expensive. The service at the end is a bit slow because it gets really crowded very quickly and they don’t have enough waiters. As an American, we are used to getting in and out quickly and so we were here for at least 1.5 hours if not more. You cannot pay with credit card (most places don’t except the hotels) and you will wait for quite some time for the check to come probably because this is the culture (similar to Europe). My wife gave it 5 out of 5 and so that’s what I’m going with.

• Visited August 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“You should go here”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Let me say I was very frustrated when first sitting down here. It was at least 15 minutes between seating and someone approaching the table. I think there were only two waitresses covering at least 15 tables, so they were stretched pretty thin. That said, they definitely were trying to accommodate all of the folks there and the environment (sitting on a beach side café) meant that it wasn't so painful to wait. The food was fantastic, probably the best meal I had in Moorea. They are only open for lunch and I suggest you get there relatively early as they were turning people away for lack of food when I left. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Highly recommended for anyone staying at Intercontinental. It's a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Also recommended even if you aren't staying there, it's really good! This little cafe/restaurant is a gem. doesn't look like much from the outside but it's by the water in a little garden in the back. The food is awesome. After eating tuna for 5 days straight, their cheeseburger is beyond delicious. and despite eating tuna for 5 days straight, the seafood is also still very good. It was a great lunch meal after a morning of ATVing. HIGHLY recommended.

Visited July 2014