“Fantastic Food on the water” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snack Mahana

Snack Mahana
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Moorea
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Polynesian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The locals told us about this place, and the food was excellent, and a great value, considering the prices at the regular restaurants.
Wichita, KS
“Fantastic Food on the water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in after a morning of diving. The service was excellent as long as you factor in island time :). I had the tuna carpaccio - I did find it to heavy handed on the olive oil. My husband had the tuna in coconut milk and it was excellent. We fed the fish with bits of our frites and had a lovely time. Everything here seems to be $20 So our two meals, beer and glass of wine was $50. It was excellent and so fresh :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
NSW
“Well proportioned and delicious meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We came here for lunch one day while holidaying in Moorea. The place was very busy but we were seated quite quickly. Ordering, however, took forever - we hailed a waitress only to be told her friend takes orders and she will alert her friend that we want to order. This waitress took our order for drinks and came back with the wrong soft drink. The other waitress came by and when we flagged her, she advised her that she will come back after she served drinks for another table. She didn't come back straight away but she came around eventually after a long delay.

I ordered the garlic prawns with rice while my husband had the grilled mahi mahi with rice. I was speechless when the meals arrived. My dish had a good serving of rice which was surrounded by 20 or so prawns. I love prawns, and these were delicious! I think I was in heaven! My husband's dish was well proportioned too and he found it delicious as well. Despite the slow service, the size of the meals won us over and the only disappointment we had with this place was that they don't open for dinner. The prices are typically expensive but the meals are served larger than the other places we had been to.

A must eat if in Moorea!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brooklyn, New York
“Holy tuna!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place is amazing! My husband and I were honeymooning in French Polynesia, and during our 5 days in Moorea, we came to Snack Mahana twice. The seared tuna is to die for! Super fresh and cooked just perfectly. And their french fries are yummy too. A MUST when visiting Moorea!

1 Thank Irene G
Zurich, Switzerland
“great simple lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

• Very nice but simple place for a quick bite at lunch time
• Located directly on the lagoon
• Raw fish and also fried fish excellent
• Very friendly staff

Visited November 2013
Auburn, Indiana
“Mahi Mahi in coconut milk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I must say that the Mahi Mahi in coconut milk was the best meal that I have ever had in my life. If we would have stopped here at the start of our trip I don't think that I would have ate anywhere else. If you get to go here you HAVE to try this. It was magical!!
The view is so great. You are sitting just inches from the ocean. They are only open for a few hours around lunch time.
The only negative thing was that we had at this place was the loud talkers behind us from California, but this was no fault of Snack Mahana.