“Great Family Run Restaurant”
Review of Snack Mahana

Snack Mahana
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Moorea
Cuisines: Polynesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The locals told us about this place, and the food was excellent, and a great value, considering the prices at the regular restaurants.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a restaurant run by a few women. It is situated by the shoreline overlooking fish swimming by. The tables are strategically set around the shrubs so you aren't crowded over by other patrons. Although it was quite windy on the day we were there, but the great food made it worth while. We particularly enjoyed the grilled Mahi Mahi. It was juicy and very tasty. Must try! Only downside for this restaurant is no pick-up. We went on the day we rented a car for 4 hrs. for sightseeing around the island. Reservation recommended.

There are newer reviews for Snack Mahana

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I came here twice when we were in Moorea. The first time we were staying on the island for a week and when we rented scooters we stopped here for lunch (we were staying at the Hilton and it would have been too far to walk - especially in the heat). The poisson cru was a heaping portion that I could barely finish. It was so tasty and so fresh! The seating is very casual as we sat by the ocean on patio furniture with simple table-cloth covered tables. But the view are so beautiful that it almost (I say almost) took away from the food itself. My wife had the mahi mahi and the quality was phenominal. The fresh-squeezed pineapple juice was the best pineapple juice I had ever drank... better even than anything I had even on the island itself forget about back home. If you have the chance, go there. We did and so happy that we made the trek over to that side of the island. When the cruise ship that we were on the next week came back to Moorea where do you think we went back for lunch again? That's right and guess what it was just as good time number two!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Food was excellent! I had the grilled mahi and it was the best I've ever had. The seasoning and sauce were awesome. My husband had the tuna burger which was delicious as well. Don't miss out on this place!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great location and the best seafood on the Island. The girls are fabulous with their attention to detail and welcoming you into their house and garden. Everyone tells you that you have to visit the Snack Mahana, both visitors and locals alike. We had lunch sat under a tree in the shade in the garden overlooking the reef. Enjoy yourself and order a bottle of wine with lunch, no rush and just relax and enjoy the polynesian way of life.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This place was absolutely amazing! We made the 2.5 mi round trip walk from our hotel (ICH) twice to eat here. It's open from 11-3 and it gets busy/they run out of fish. The first day we got there at around 1:00. There weren't any tables available outside & we didn't know that you could make reservations (apparently this is new because our concierge didn't know this either). We waited a bit and wound up eating inside. By that time they were out of everything except Mahi. I had the breaded Mahi soaked in coconut milk & my husband had the grilled mahi. Both dishes were amazing.! The next time we went there, we made a reservation for when they opened (we were constricted by time due to our flight leaving). If you're there at 11, you don't need a reservation to sit outside. Unfortunately on this day, they were out of everything except Tuna. I had the grilled tuna steak & my husband had the poisson cru. Again, amazing! Excellent choices. Don't go here with your heart set on a specific dish, just in case they run out BUT everything on the menu looks amazing. This is a definite must!