“Great Designs”

Tahia Exquisite Tahitian Pearls Moorea
Ranked #6 of 31 Shopping in Moorea
More attraction details
Owner description: Created in 1993 in a little store on Moorea , our brand manages now 6 stores on Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. You can be assured to find the perfect selection of Tahitian pearls harvested from our farm in Fakarava. Other services we provide like top multilingual staffs, 30 days money back guarantees, a lifetime upgrade programs and US and European Customer services makes a perfect balance when our customers make their choice. We look forward to serve you.
Reno, Nevada
639 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 431 helpful votes
“Great Designs”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

While I didn't find what I was looking for at Tahia, it did have some of the best designs of any of the pearls shops I visited on 10 different islands in FP. They were very friendly and really tried to find me what I was after. When I go back, I'll try again to part with my money here. I really felt they were a high quality, unique shop.

Visited January 2014
frank_tahia, Manager at Tahia Exquisite Tahitian Pearls Moorea, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Future Customer
Thank you for reviewing us and I am glad that you notice our unique designs. Its ok if you did not find your dream pearl jewelry this trip but I want you to know that Tahia is all the time changing and upgrading our designs to meet the world's changing demands.
We look forward meeting you on your next trip to Tahiti.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

While in Moorea, I was overwhelmed with all the shopping I needed to do, I read soo many threads on TA on where to go for pearls, who to ask for, I read all about it in the Tahiti Guide book, etc. I was kind of overwhelmed even with the thought of buying pearls let alone the experience. So, my husband and I rented a car and set out on our shopping excursion for the day!

We stopped at all the pearl shops recommended in the guides & on TA. But, as we were leaving our hotel (the Hilton) the lady at the activity desk was wearing a beautiful Pearl Necklace pendant, and I knew I wanted to buy something similar for our mom's and grandma. She asked if we were going to be looking for Pearls, we said yes, of course. And she told us to stop in to Tahia and see Mat!

Well, we are soo grateful til this day, that we did! Everything about shopping in Tahia was wonderful. We didn't feel pressured once we walked in the door. They didn't make us sit and watch a 10 minute video on the pearl process (yes, this happened at one shop!) They just asked us some questions, engaged in conversation, let us look around at our pace and when we were ready, Mat showed me the pieces I asked for.

He quizzed us a little bit on the pearl process, just to make sure we knew what we were looking for. My husband, did his research beforehand, so he knew what to look for and we ended up buying 3 beautiful pendants for our moms and my grandma. As Mat started ringing us up, I was still walking around, browsing, making sure I didn't miss anything... and feeling slightly guilty about all the money my husband spent so far on everyone else, I happened to stumble upon the men's jewelry. I called my husband and Mat over, because I found a gorgeous men's bracelet, that I just KNEW my husband HAD TO HAVE! (Side note: my husband is 6'7'' and 300+ lbs... a football player!) So, NOTHING EVER FITS HIM!!! Well, this leather braided black pearl bracelet fit him PERFECTLY!! My husband was over the moon, because things like this never happen to him!

So, Mat added the bracelet to our order and we were on our way!

My husband was soo in love with his bracelet, he wore it every night we went out to dinner during the rest of our stay. We got so many compliments on it as well.

....And off to Bora Bora we went! We even managed to stop in Tahia in Bora Bora, just to see what they had! They had gorgeous things as well, but we didn't buy anything.

NOW here's where the tragedy occurs... during our travel home, from Bora Bora airport-Papeete-LAX, at some point, the bracelet went missing! I had it in my carry on, the whole time, along with all my other jewelry and valuable items!

We realized it once we landed in LAX and my husband was distraught! He was soo upset and just couldn't let it go... so I immediately contacted Mat from Tahia through email and told him the situation. He checked their inventory and they didn't have any more bracelets. I then told him, how when we were in Bora Bora, they had one almost exactly the same. So, Mat went ABOVE AND BEYOND... contacted Bora Bora and got the bracelet for me. He advised me that getting it to the US was going to be tricky as FED EX is the only carrier that would send the bracelet but, they would charge $500 (or some ridiculously high price.) So, once again, Mat went out of his way to figure this out.... he had one of his workers coming to the US, so he sent the bracelet with them and had them ship it to me from California once they got here, and he had it to me before Christmas!

So, I honestly cannot say enough good things about Tahia from their jewelry and customer service! Mat is just a wonderful person, so easy to deal with and he REALLY went out of his way to help me surprise my husband on Christmas!

Thank you Mat and the entire team at Tahia!

Visited November 2013
Great Review!
We really appreciate your precious time given to write such an extraordinary review. I really don't have more to add since you have it all down in details. I just want you to know that It was a pleasure meeting and doing business to you and your husband
Thank you again and I look forward meeting you both in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great memory from a great vacation”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Upon arriving to Moorea, I quickly learned that Tahitian pearls are everywhere! What really separated the experience at Tahia were not only the stunning pieces, but a service experience I'm just not accustomed to. It was incredible. Ema immediately became my pearl go-to, and I ended up buying pieces from her in both Moorea and Bora Bora at the Tahia boutiques! I must stress the incredible ease of service, down to transportation to the boutique and just gaining a wealth of knowledge. I now feel like somewhat an amateur expert on pearl jewelry, whereas I had no idea and less appreciation before ever arriving to the islands. I bought for myself as well as for lucky family and friends, all with complete trust. That meant a lot. In a few words: amazing service, gorgeous pieces, and complete trust in investment. Sitting now in cold Chicago, I'd go back in a second if I could!

Visited January 2014
frank_tahia, Manager at Tahia Exquisite Tahitian Pearls Moorea, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
. Thank you so much for your comment, it has been such a pleasure assisting you! These moments in life are memories we cherish forever! Tahia Pearls are magic and will keep you close to French Polynesia!
Warm Regards;
Ema
Orlando, FL
189 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 243 helpful votes
“Beautiful Pearls and Great Service”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I went here during a 3 day stay on Moorea and were greatly impressed with the style, quality and service of this organization. The pearls and designs are not only top notch, but the service is helpful without being pushy. The words "classic" and "classy" come to mind. We were helped by Mr. Matapo Mautairi ("Matt") and Annie who both remembered us by name when we came back 2 weeks later with friends as part of a cruise. Matt was informative and helpful and at no time was there pressure to purchase (except from my wife). Note that this is not the cheapest place to buy pearls, but it is one of the top spots on the islands to see gorgeous pearls that really impress the eye and in beautifully designed settings (Think Cartier). They also give practical advice Re obtaining the VAT refund including a schematic map that shows exactly where the desk is located at the airport. Also offered is a free transfer service from your hotel to the store. Review their money back guarantee and US service center for additional comfort levels as well as the detailed information Re the actual pearls you are purchasing. If what they have does not meet your needs exactly, they have the ability to redesign and produce something different and have it delivered. Highly recommended. Note: they also have shops on Bora Bora and in Papeete, but the Moorea location is the "Mother Ship" with the largest selection.

To our Happy customer.
I want you to know how deeply touched we are for your effort and especially your time giving our company a great review. You are absoultely right about all you have mentioned and I am assuring you that we as a Tahia Brand will continue to maintain and improve the jewelry qualities, services and other details that takes to make a happy client.

Tahia joins me to thank you for reviewing our Brand and Until your next Tahitan trip!

Valparaiso, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“beautiful pearls”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

while there were many pearl shops in moorea we decided to purchase from tahia because A) we read about Tahia's in frommers guide and B) when we went there the sales persons didn't stalk or pressure us, they simply let the products sell themselves while being available to answer questions and pull pieces out for closer inspection. I purchased a beautiful green envy pearl ring and a necklace with two pearls and my husband got a black pearl choker. we wanted a different pearl on a different size choker and were leaving the next day, they hand delivered necklaces to jeweler in tahiti and had the pearls switched out and when we arrived back at tahia's shop the next morning our necklace was there waiting.

Visited July 2013
frank_tahia, Responsable relations clients at Tahia Exquisite Tahitian Pearls Moorea, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Happy customers!
Thank you for sharing your experience on our page and especially for mentioning the important reasons for choosing our Brand. You are absolutely right that our sales staff dont pressure our customers but let them find the ideal design and pearl that best suits their needs. For sure that makes your purchase even more memorable.
Tahia and her Team really appreciate your time and we look forward meeting you again during your next visit!

mat