“Definitely worth the trip”

Tahia Exquisite Tahitian Pearls Moorea
Ranked #6 of 31 Shopping in Moorea
More attraction details
Owner description: Created in 1993 in a little store on Moorea , our brand manages now 6 stores on Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. You can be assured to find the perfect selection of Tahitian pearls harvested from our farm in Fakarava. Other services we provide like top multilingual staffs, 30 days money back guarantees, a lifetime upgrade programs and US and European Customer services makes a perfect balance when our customers make their choice. We look forward to serve you.
Mesa, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely worth the trip”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our third trip to Tahiti and we specifically went to Tahia's for our pearls. It doesn't take long to notice that Tahia has an artistry in her work with pearl jewelry. It is absolutely beautiful. We have dealt with Matapo each time and Tahia has the best pricing and works well with every customer. We brought our friends with us and they noticed the difference in the quality of jewelry at Tahia's and the staff once again came through with good pricing and excellent quality. I won't go to any other place than Tahia's for my pearls. We were traveling on the great MS Paul Gauguin and Tahia's has a taxi to pick us up at the dock and drop us back off. I was so glad that Tahia's survived this economic downturn and we added to our pearl collection. They are reputable and I highly recommend Tahia for anyone in search of the beautiful Tahitian black pearl. We love our pearls and smile when we wear this unique jewelry.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Brendava

Foley, Alabama
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL !”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Beside loving the people of Moorea, We love Tahia and her staff. We have been to The South Pacific for 10 years in a row and always look forward to seeing the people and Tahia's new designs. I have many pieces of Tahia's and wear them MUCH more than I do my diamonds. You could not ask for nicer people.They go above and beyond to be sure you get what you desire. We look forward to returning for a 11th trip someday! And we are sure they will make us feel like family.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Mary Jane T
Danville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“customer service”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Tahia pearls customer service is more than perfect. I recently had to have my pearl bracelet restrung. I live in Central Pa and was unsure how the process would go. Mat was awesome and the service was perfect. I mailed my bracelet and had continual feedback on the process with a speedy return. The bracelet looks great. I would highly recommend Tahia Pearls. I love mine!

Visited August 2012
Santa Monica, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“I'm giving them 5 stars only because I can't give 6!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had three experiences with Tahia. I'll start with the first two, but the third was, quite honestly, the best customer service I've had anywhere -- Tahiti, the States, Europe... anywhere.

The first visit was early in our trip at the location in the shopping area near the northeast side of the island. We had taken a shuttle from our hotel to grab lunch, pick up some light groceries & start to pearl shop. Tahia was near where we were dropped off, so the first shop we visited. The sales woman was very friendly. As it was our shop, she explained a great deal about pearls, including some advice on how to handle them. My wife found 3 necklaces she liked. The sales lady encouraged her to go outside & see them in natural light. I was pushing my wife towards a more expensive one (she doesn't like to spend money on herself), while she liked one of the less expensive ones. Rather than siding with me, the sales clerk said "She must pick the a pearl that she truly loves." My wife was still uncertain, so she told us there was no rush. Absolutely no pressure & it felt like a friend helping more than anything. She even seemed to think it was a good idea to visit the other shops, as again, she seemed more interested in us finding something my wife really liked than anything else.

Later in our trip, we rented a scooter & drive around Moorea. We ended up stopping at their other shop, on the western side of the island. (It's across from the old Club Med location.) The location was much larger, with greater selection, but just the same customer service.

Again, it felt more like a friend helping than a sales experience. My wife talked with her about the colors & things she liked, and she brought us a variety of necklaces. We looked at some earrings as well, but ended up going with a necklace my wife absolutely loved.

Which was great! While we were on our honeymoon, it was also her birthday & this was my gift to her. She absolutely loved it. In large part because it was beautiful, but she's also very sentimental, so the combination of being a birthday gift while on our honeymoon just make it even more so.

Only... things shortly there after took a turn for the worse. Three days after we were back, she lost the necklace at a company picnic. She went absolutely crazy looking for it. She search the entire location from head-to-toe, left a description with the manager (and called each day thereafter for a week), called the taxi company she had used earlier in the day, re-traced her steps, contacted coworkers. She was absolutely crushed. She felt terrible for losing it, terrible for me having wasted the money (Not true, I told her! Just a day of happiness for her is worth any price to me), and terrible for having lost something so, in her words, "incredibly special" to her.

Not sure what to do, I found the website of Tahia & decided to contact them. I figured it was a longshot, but what the heck.

This is where Mat rides into the save the day! He confirmed my full name & asked for the day of the sale. From there, he found the the transaction and found a very similar necklace!! I was amazed.

Only, we still had one problem left. It turns out it's really hard to ship something from Tahiti to the US. (Try it -- I did a lot investigating myself.) Mat worked his butt off to find a way to make it happen. He first tried to send it with a coworker who happened to be visiting the States in a few days. However, the airline strike threw a monkey wrench into things. He investigated & we tried a few more things, but unfortunately, they didn't pan out. Nevertheless, Mat stayed on top of it & kept me updated on the state of things. Finally it worked out! He found someone else who happened to be traveling to the US. He handed them the safely wrapped package with the necklace, they brought it to the States & then shipped it to me from there. It arrived just yesterday & I'm *stoked*. I should also mention that Mat/Tahia picked up a big part of the shipping charge themselves & only charged me half. Certainly not required, given everything they had done to find me just the right necklace all over again, but a sign of their amazing service.

My wife is going to be absolutely thrilled. I can't wait to see the look on her face.

If I'm ever in Tahiti, Tahia is where I'm going to buy any pearls. They have my business for life.

Visited July 2012
Dallas, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Creme de la creme!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I had a fabulous 14 day anniversary trip which included shopping for black pearls in Tahiti, Bora Bora, pearl farms in the Tuamotus and Moorea. Tahia's designs were by far the most elegant and inspiring, using only top quality pearls,18k gold, diamonds and gem stones. She has several pearl farms in the Tuamotus that produce high luster pearls with gorgeous colors that were not found in the other shops we visited. Reyna, Matt, Annie and Tahia were all very knowledgable, professional and gracious.

My good fortune is to now own a few pieces that are more lovely than anything we could find in our top Dallas boutique jewelers...and something to return my thoughts to the beautiful waters of French Polynesia.

Visited July 2012