“So Much to See Under the Sea!!”
Review of Lagoonarium

Lagoonarium
Ranked #2 of 57 things to do in Moorea
Reviewed August 12, 2014

What a fun place to visit! You take a 5 minute motorized outrigger ride out to a small island. We were assigned half of a rustic hut to store our clothes/footwear/bags, etc. The currents can be strong, so you are asked to hold on to buoyed ropes and pull yourself around a huge lagoon as you snorkel to view all the sea life. I've never seen so many types of colorful fish all in one place! There were also rays, black-tipped sharks, and a very large eel. We payed to have the Tahitian lunch out at the island; what a treat! There was a tasty chicken & vegetable stew, rice, a coleslaw salad and a fruit salad. You can bring your own food for lunch if you choose. You have the option of staying all day or part of the day. Awesome experience!

2  Thank joyful1LasVegas
Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was there a few years ago with my Tahitian family but my photos remind me what a wonderful place this is. I looked again this time and see it is still open after some reported threats of closing. You buy tickets on the mainland and get shuttled into the lagoon island where an area is cordoned off for the larger fish. Smaller fish were free to come and go thru the fencing.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited the lagoonarium on our second last day and wow it was great! Personally I was quite scared of the stingrays and they were just swimming around everywhere. I know they are perfectly friendly but the amount I saw swimming over all the coral did terrify me a little. My partner on the other hand said it was hands down the best snorkelling he has seen and he has been to a few countries! The amount of fish, reef sharks, stingrays and coral just makes for an amazing experience. We saw so many cool fish and even a moray eel! The ropes to hold on to were great and the island was well equipped. We don't get there early and didn't mind not having anywhere to put our bags, they were quite big huts and I would have felt guilty taking one up for only 2 people! We had a fantastic day and would say it's a cannot be missed affordable activity on Moorea!

1  Thank 884AlieshaJ
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was one of the best excursions in Moorea! You swim among fish, sting rays, eels and black tip sharks! It was scary at first but you get used to it once your I. The water for an hour. Don't miss the feedings and go early in the morning.

2  Thank MelissaL272
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The lagoonarium was the best experience ever!!! The spot is exceptionnal and the people there very very friendly. We highly recommend this place

1  Thank Maureen C