“Awesome, Awesome, Awesome”
Review of Lagoonarium

Lagoonarium
Ranked #4 of 59 things to do in Moorea
Reviewed June 7, 2014

As a Scuba Diver, it has to take an AMAZING place to exceed some of my dives. This place is one of these places that surpassed many of my dives. Lots of fish, stingrays, and black tip sharks to see that I have never seen in abundance in one place. The coral is in great shape and beautiful. In fact, after visiting this place, it made my diving in Moorea uneventful and very disappointing, where I did not see the marine life that I did see here. My husband who just started snorkeling loved his experience and cannot stop talking about what he experienced there. It was his first sharks and stingrays he has seen.

Some suggestions: Bring your snorkeling fins. There are some strong currents. While they do have lines to hold onto, the fins will provide additional propulsion in the currents and addition protection against cutting your feet on coral. Bring an underwater camera, it is an experience that you will want to capture!! Plan to spend at least 4 hours. Depending on when you arrive, you may need to wait for a boat to take you to/from the island and the feeding takes at least 45 mins. It is well worth the time and money!!

2  Thank sarah999999999
Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)
All reviews
"bring food"
in 8 reviews
"black tip sharks"
in 30 reviews
"bring an underwater camera"
in 9 reviews
in 10 reviews
"great for kids"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had read all of the reviews about the Lagoonarium on T.A. and it was on our to do list while we were on the island. We stayed at the IC Moorea and rented a car from Avis for 24 hrs and went on this day. We arrived around 11:25 - the entrance fee was 3200 XPF or $40 USD per person. They radioed Wilfred and delayed the 11:30 feeding so we could have time to be picked up by boat and onto the island before it started.
As previously stated Wilfred is the nicest person that you would ever want to meet. He showed us all around the island - all of the facilities and gave the 4 of us a covered bungalow to store our things in to keep them dry and out of the sun. We then all went into the water for the feeding of the sting rays and the black tipped sharks.
Two of our group did not take water shoes - this was a "need" since stonefish are in the area surrounding the lagoonarium. He has many, many extra pairs that are hanging at the entry way for those that need to borrow them. We were also not told (and if I read it anyway I must have forgotten) but a snorkel and mask are needed in order to see the fish, sharks and rays that are under water. He happened to have 2 that the 4 of us could borrow. So make sure you take one with you or borrow one from your hotel for the day.
We shared 2 lunch meals among the 4 of us which was 2000XPF and they take local money. IT was 3 separate bowls - one of rice, one of pineapple chicken and the best secret sauce and a bowl or salad / slaw type dish. As posted on here there is no way to keep things cold and they do not offer cold drinks so take a cooler with you (we packed a collapseable one in our suitcase from home).
It was the best $40 that we spent on any tour or activity during our trip.

2  Thank twosassyk
Reviewed June 6, 2014

we almost didn't do this one because of the price,I believe it was a 154.00 per person and there was three of us, but we rented the fun buggies and drove to the place for 50.00 per person and it was amazing beyound what I imagined. The two young guys working there were so helpful..........husband not a swimmer and they watched him and actually brought him back when he left go of the rope. All I can say is do this one.

2  Thank Georgia S
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We went once from 12:30 to 16:00 and we liked it soo much that we went back again for a full day. We always got a day where Wilfred was there, the best man we've met on the Island. We always had our little private bungalow on the Island and you get free water, chocolate/coffee and plenty of space to enjoy the sun and the lagoon/corals/fish....Amazing place, stunning views, looots of fish incl. rays and sharks!
Definitely a must do for Moorea, but take food and drinks with you if you plan to stay the whole day, get there latest at 9:30 to ensure you have a bungalow to store your stuff and you get there in time for enjoying the first feeding of the fish at 11:30 and the second one at 14:00.
We couldn't do it, but if you can, maybe it's worth to ask for a overnight package", meaning you get on the Island at 15 and you get to leave the next day around 12:00, but you then definitely need food for dinner and your stuff for the night, and maybe some towels and pillows for sleeping since the bungalows are simply made out of wood. But it could be a great experience too!

3  Thank AGB1983
See more reviews
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I don't leave reviews that often, but when I do it's because the experience was absolutely amazing or absolutely horrid. Lagoonarium is rating the #1 activity to do in Moorea and rightfully so. The only downfall was that it made our OTW bungalow and hotel lagoon seem.....less interesting. Suffice to say I did not do any, nor had the desire to do any more snorkeling after this wonderful experience. Thank you Wilfred. He was an amazing host and made sure that everyone was having a good time.

Rent a car. There are TWO feedings. One at 11:30am and another at 2pm. I'm not 100% sure but I believe they do not shuttle people in between 1pm-2pm. Either way, plan on getting to the lagoonarium by 10:30. That should give you enough time to get situated on the island and snorkel for a bit before the first feeding. I suggest staying for both feedings. After the lagoonarium, go counter-clockwise (not much to see on the south side of the island) and either go to "downtown", belvedere, or le petite village.

4  Thank Paul K