Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

via mobile
Top Dive Moorea 2018

Larry B
Honolulu, Hawaii

All reviews dive master lemon sharks refresher dive dive staff dive package black tips great dive dive sites been diving for years fish diving experience prescription lenses diving equipment usual range black tip reef sharks eagle rays dive profiles
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Super friendly, knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. Jako and Mana were absolutely amazing. I felt safe the whole time even around the sharks.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have dived with Top Dive for the past six summers on Bora Bora, Moorea and Rangiroa. This was the third summer I dove with Top Dive Moorea. The diving equipment and boats, at each Top Dive location, have consistently been maintained in good condition. I only use my own dive computer and dive mask (prescription lenses) and rely on Top Dive to provide the remaining equipment. I have never had a problem with their equipment with over sixty dives with Top Dive. The dive guides/masters are knowledgeable, friendly and do a good job of adapting the dives and dive preps to the relative experience levels of the divers. Top Dive Moorea does now supplies Nitrox 32. The dives inside and outside the reef are good with the usual range and variety of reef fish. The bottom line is Moorea is a good and worthwhile dive location but not the best in French Polynesia - Rangiroa is superior. I typically make my reservations with Top Dive about six months in advance and Top Dive provides the time they will pick me up at my resort for the first days dives. Top Dive has ALWAYS picked me up within a minute or two of the time specified in my reservation confirmation. Very impressive performance and attention to detail in my opinion! Many factors can make a dive good or bad. I have never had a bad dive with Top Dive because of the performance of the Top Dive staff or equipment. Top Dive is, in my experience, a first-class dive operation!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went there for two scuba dives - one shark dive and one on the inside of the lagoon. Both dives were overall great and I saw as expected many sharks, other fish, one turtle and corals. Visibility was also quite good and the equipment seemed to be in a good shape.
Two things that I didn't like so much: Both times there was no one staying on the boat during our dives, while I am sure that the guys know what they are doing and I wasn't worrying about safety, I do feel a bit more comfortable when knowing there is someone looking and waiting up there. Also the first dive instructor was convinced that I only need 2kg of weight (while usually I use 3-4kg) and told me that I am breathing wrongly when I need more weight - thus I ended up really struggling to stay under water during the dive and to keep buyoancy. The instructor was surely right in that I am not breathing correctly and that I should practice this and he clearly only wanted to help me becoming better, but I am not really convinced that it is the best place to practice breathing in the middle of a bunch of lemon and black tip sharks (not so much because I'm worrying about the sharks but as a not very experienced diver you lose part of the experience when you have such a hard time just staying under water). Thus it would be great if they would offer some kind of refresher dives in an easy spot.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I completed a refresher dive here after we arrived that same morning. They were going out that same day with another person, so I was able to join. It was just myself, another woman and the instructor. We went to a local spot in the lagoon and spent some time practicing our buoyancy and equalizing. We saw some nice fish and a few green turtles. Afterwards, I was much more comfortable.

I tried to book a 2 tank trip when I was in Moorea but that day they were full. My fault for booking so late!

Reviewed August 25, 2018

Had an excellent experience with these guys diving in Moorea. We always felt safe even though we found their approach in the water at times superficial.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Booked our dive as part of Aranui5 option. Cost was 120?/ 1 tank dive. They provided shorties and all equipment. Marc (?) was our divemaster, though the boat went out with some new divers they put w/ one divemaster, 4 'intermediate' they put with a gal guide and the 6 of us w/ Marc. My divebuddy was having trouble w/ his weights and Marc worked with him for probably 10 minutes til he could get down and thus start our dive. FORTUNATELY he let us stay down (60 ft) for 70 minutes so that I could truly get my 'dive fix'. The visibility was super, we saw turtle and shark barracuda (a swarm) and large fish (in distance). I appreciated that Marc saw that I was competent and therefore let me trail behind the others so that I had an exquisite time. We weren't finished in time to do the 'pearl farm' w/ our spouses but neither of us cared because the dive was worth it.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I did two morning Dives with this group. I hadn't been diving in about 5 years and the team was very patient, understanding and helpful with me through my first dive in a long time. This made my second dive much more enjoyable. Xavier and Jacko were great instrcutors. Matai, who drove the boat (and is an instructor as well) was incredibly helpful throughout the morning. They all worked to make sure our needs were met at all times. We saw two different kinds of turtles, black tip sharks and a nice medium sized lemon shark who circled us for about half or more of our second dive. It felt like a personal tour and I'd definitely dive with this company again when I return to Mo'orea.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

This was my 4th visit to the beautiful island of Moorea. I spent 2 weeks and was able to make 18 dives with Top Dive. The operation continues to be superbly run and managed. Everyone from the reservations desk to the Dive Manage Jaco were wonderful, The entire crew work very hard to ensure guests safely enjoy seeing all the beauty Moorea offers under the sea. It has been delightful to watch the coral return. The lemon sharks, black tips, white tips, nurse sharks and occasional grey sharks are all there. There are often dives where there are too many turtles (green and hawksbill) to coun. The reef look really good and I am grateful. After 1500 dives since 1978, I can honestly say, Top Dive and the staff are the best dive operation I have ever had the pleasure of diving with. Thank you guys!!

1  Thank Dougcspencer
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

These guys run a great dive centre. Very efficient, great dive sites and very friendly. This is my second trip diving here, first was 3 years ago and I would come back again without hesitation.

Reviewed June 15, 2018

Our dive guide "Mana" was very welcoming and encouraged us to feel comfortable. He made sure our equipment was intact and that we had appropriate weights, etc. The boat ride to the first dive site was only approx 15 min. The dives were not disappointing: in addition to abundant butterfly fish, angel fish, wrasse, parrot fish, etc. there were plenty of "macro" species. We saw a lemon shark two of our 4 dives; several black tip reef sharks and approx 2-3 green sea turtles each dive. The water temperature (82 degrees Fahrenheit) and the weather was perfect. (It rained only 20 min the whole week we were there!) Thank you "Mana" and Top Dive for a memorable dive experience!