“Awesome Diving with TopDive”
Review of Topdive Moorea

Topdive Moorea
More attraction details
Owner description: Sharks are plentiful at this outstanding diving site that includes a shallow lagoon and deep outside reef.
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Had an excellent experience with Top Dive Bathys. First I was able to schedule a refresher dive out of hilton moorea office with 4 hours notice. it was easy to do and included a ride to and from the boat location at the intercontinental. The Dive Master was Greg, and we did tandem dive at a near by location. Not only was it a good location for a refresher, but we saw a school of Rays including a spotted eagle ray, Morey eels, and many fish.

I signed up for a two tank dive the next day with little notice. Even though the boat was pretty full on a holiday Monday. They we happy to add me to the trip. Again the two dives were excellent. The boat was staged with my equipment, Greg and Francois took their time explaining the dives and the plan, and the dive spots are easy short 5 minute boat rides. We even squeezed in a spinner dolphin side trip. On the 1st dive we saw black tip reef sharks, grey sharks, a sea turtle, eels, and many fish. The second dive was again fun and easy, and again abundant with Black Tip Sharks. Each dive was well attended to, with many check ins and supervision for safety including 3 minute decompression stop each time.

One note; many of the divers are local french people. Even though I was the only english speaker on the trip, Greg made sure we walked through the plan slowly in english so i was comfortable. i recommend you dive with Top Dive as get equipment is good, the location close to all the spots, and the people experienced and caring.

1  Thank mrp911
There are newer reviews for Topdive Moorea

Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband & I had a great time SCUBA diving in Moorea with TopDive. I booked everything beforehand online through e-mail, prepaid with my credit card (you save 10% by booking online), so it was incredibly easy when we actually got there to dive. Another bonus is that they offer free Nitrox, and free pick up/drop-off service from your hotel. The main dive shop operation, where all the dive boats leave from, is at the Intercontinental Hotel, they have a very small shop at the Hilton.
The operation was very professional, great pre-dive info sessions and dive boats in excellent condition. We brought our own gear, but the rental gear looked relatively new and in good condition.
They speak many different languages, including English, French, Spanish, and Japanese.
The divemasters were knowledgeable and very forgiving of novice divers. I definitely felt safe diving with them.
We were able to leave most of our scuba gear at the shop each day, and they would lock everything up each night. It was great to not have to carry all our gear back and forth each day, since we dove for 5 days.
Also, before the dives, the staff would set up all your equipment for you on the dive boat, and change out your tanks in between dives, which was really nice!
Diving: The coral wasn't so great, but the sheer number of fish species and the sharks are amazing! I saw something different on every dive, whether it was a sea turtle, giant moray eel, shrimp, etc. I appreciated this as an underwater photographer. Conditions for photography (and diving in general) are quite good, water is very clear, visibility around 60-70 feet.
My only issue was the fact that we did dive the same sites multiple days. I would have liked a little more variety.
A recommendation: bring a water bottle to fill up at their water cooler before getting on the boat, there is no water available on the dive boats. I would also recommend wearing a very thin, full length wetsuit. There are times where you will be lying on the sea floor, or on the coral (mainly to observe sharks), and your legs/arms can get scratched if they aren't protected. The wetsuits available for rent are "shortys" and don't have leg or arm coverage.

2  Thank krnesbitt
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was there the previous year -- and got my open water certs done there (much better than a pool). The staff is professional and helpful. The diving is shark-centric, due to so-so coral. Diving in Rangiroa is a world better -- but Moorea has much more to do if you have more plans beyond diving.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

i had a great time. this was my first dive after my certifcation and it went very well. there were so many fish. i have snorkled in the Carribean and the coral was much livlier but the there were 5 times as many different species of fish.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

My wife and the other couple traveling with us had never been scuba diving so we arranged a combination Discover Scuba dive for them and a 1-tank dive for me. This provided me with the ability to dive with my wife and friends and then extend my personal dive after they had completed theirs. The divemasters were excellent and extremely patient with all of us and chose a safe yet very picturesque place for this dive.