“The Atmosphere is Delightful”

Painapo Beach Moorea
Ranked #24 of 75 Restaurants in Moorea
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Set up as a resort, its a little small for that. But buying food gives you access to some of the most beautiful sunsets on the island. Even though Moorea itself is a slow relaxed place. Here I felt like I was on a different island all together. Calm, serene views. Relaxed staff, great food. There were locals here, and that is always a good sign. French, and polynesian children playing around in areas, or on the sand. There are no play area's as such: but the site is full of a little whimsy the children make their own fun.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stopped there by luck while biking around the island and the first thing we hear is the owner screaming at us because we were biking into the restaurant. But as soon as this misunderstanding was solved we were received with smiles, a joking man telling why we had the best table, a beautiful view of the ocean, feeding rays area right in front of us and very good juices and raw fish tahitian style, a friend had curry chicken and according to her also very good. Very recommended.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I went on a Sunday for lunch, as we had heard this was the day when the Tahitian style BBQ was served. You can watch as the roasted pig and other goodies are removed from the cooking pit, then enjoy a taste of everything in the buffet style service. Included some lovely poisson cru - yum! Nice people, such a great view, tasty food, and a fun experience without being "touristy". (The day that we went there were about 50 people from a local family having their annual reunion.) Enjoyed it very much! Cost ~$100 Canadian for the lunch and 2 drinks each, but we were really full and happy :-)

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Painapo is on the western side of the island, away from the tourist areas. If you rent a car, which I highly recommend at least for one day, this is a must stop. We only had a drink so I cannot comment on the food, but the location offers beautiful views in an open air setting.

1  Thank OnTheRoadAgain8180