“Nice short Hike, Pretty area.”
Review of Fautaua Waterfall

Ranked #27 of 65 things to do in Tahiti
More attraction details
Owner description: This waterfall is considered one of the tallest in the world with more than 980 feet of water cascading over volcanic cliffs into a pool below.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nice short excursion and walk killing time on Tahiti. We had hired a Taxi for 4 hours, this was one of the Drivers local scenic choices.
Interesting local semi rural houses on the road in.

9  Thank traveltree52053

Reviewed April 22, 2013

When in Tahiti make sure you take the opportunity to go to Fautaua Falls it is a do not miss attraction. You will regret not going if you choose not to go!

5  Thank reesrjobs
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We got soaked. At first I thought that the skys had opened up but then I realized that it was this glorious waterfall gushing down on us. It was great.

5  Thank CarinaJean
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The falls are a short drive off main highway---100 yards from the blowhole. The first waterfall is a 5 minute walk from parkingand easy to get to. The 2nd and 3rd waterfalls are a 15-20 minute walk along a rough uneven but walkable trail. I strongly reccommend you take the time and go visit. One word of caution----put on some bug spray---mosquitoes bite, and flies that do not bite but will swarm around you can be a nuisance.

19  Thank Greg B
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stopped at these falls as part of a guided tour.
The falls were about a 5 minute walk through the rain forrest from the carpark. It was quite a pleasant walk. I did not go to the falls which were 20 mins walk so can't comment on those.
The falls were beautiful to look up at and you almost get the impression you are looking up from the bottom of a cave. They were much higher than I expected and exceeded my expectations. You can actually get quite close to them also which is great.
They were probably my favourite part of the main island of Tahiti.
Would certainly recommend a visit if you have a few hours or as part of a tour.

7  Thank ktm76