“easy transportation for cruise”
Review of Marama Tours

Marama Tours
Ranked #14 of 45 Outdoor Activities in Tahiti
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tahiti is the ultimate escape … Here are some of the excursions and activities you can enjoy in French Polynesia. ● Circle Island Tour ● 4X4 Mountain Safari Marama Tours offers one of the largest, newest and most comfortable air-conditioned fleets in Tahiti.
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We used Marama for transportation from the airport to the cruise ship and back. Michael was easy to contact by email, the van was waiting for us right outside the doors and we were whisked away to the cruise ship. Very efficient, especially when you are arriving in Papeete late at night and everyone is tired! We were given a voucher for our return trip, which allowed us to stay on the ship longer than if we used the ship's transfer. Our shuttle arrived within 5 to 10 minutes of our agreed time. Thanks Michael!

There are newer reviews for Marama Tours

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Tahiti and received transport from airport to hotel and from ferry to airport with Marama Tours. Everything went smoothly and I really appreciate that since I was there for my wedding/honeymoon.

However, this isn't just a "thank you for job well done"... I wanted to specifically recognize what a wonderful job the employees, Yvette and Mihi, did. On the evening of 11/15/11 they picked my husband and me up from the Aremiti Ferry and took us to the Papeete Airport. Almost immediately after arriving I realized that I had lost my passport and credit cards. Hopefully you've never experienced that feeling while traveling in a foreign country but please know it was without a doubt one of the scariest moments in my entire life. I realized that I was literally at that moment stranded in a foreign country. Both Yvette and Mihi could've very easily taken the attitude that their job there was done after dropping me off at the airport. However both of these ladies stayed behind and made numerous phone calls on my behalf until at LAST my passport was found on Moorea!! Not only that but they also drove us across the street to the hotel AND picked up my passport the next morning from the ferry and brought it to me. I can now honestly say I am home safe and sound in the US because of the help I received from these two ladies (especially Yvette).

Too many times service like that is overlooked but I wanted to take a second to let everyone know... it is because of women like Yvette and Mihi that people keep coming back. Please tell them both thank you on my behalf!! Next time we come back (because there will definitely be a 2nd trip!) let them know that drinks are on me! :)

Mauruuru!!!

Angie Krukoski

2  Thank Angela K
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We arrived late on a Saturday night and had not prebooked any tours because we thought we may be delayed by strikes that were threatened. So after a little sleep in we went to the Tours Desk to see if we could book an afternoon tour of the island. It then became clear that they only booked Marama Tours which, after reading previous reviews, was on my list of NOT to do tours. However it was a Sunday and we had no choice. I could gather by the telephone conversation between the Tour desk lady and the person at Marama Tours they wanted us to book the next day but we said we would probably do a 4x4 tour the next day so we couldn't. Anyway we got our afternoon tour and we were't disappointed. There was only one other couple and we were in an airconditioned van. Our driver could not have been more pleasant or helpful. He spent time with the other couple explaining things in French and spent an equal amount of time with us speaking in English. He wasn't in a rush. I was having coffee withdrawal symptoms so we stopped for coffee in a nice outdoor place. I saw a big Marama Tours bus on another occasion and I would have hated to be on a large tour in this. Our tour was about 5 and 1/2 hours and our experience was very good. I think the only difference is lunch. So if booking a tour insist on a half day if that is all you want and make sure it is a small group in a van.

1  Thank maaaa
Reviewed July 10, 2011

While staying at the IC Tahiti, we decided to book a circle island half day tour. The desk to book tours is only open in the morning. The lady with the dog was not very nice. When we mentioned that we wanted to book the half-day circle island tour, she tried to convince us to do the full day tour with lunch. We weren't interested in eating in a mediocre place and we had plans for the morning to visit downtown Papeete before the tour. (They must get commissions and kickbacks from the restaurant). She asked why couldn't we go the next day and we said we were leaving and wanted to enjoy the hotel's facilities. She said we would be back in plenty of time before our flight. When she realized we would not change our mind, she RELUCTANTLY booked us on the afternoon half day tour. We did not know that admission to the museum portion of the Paul Gaugin Museum was not included. We paid but it was not worth it.

Overall, the tour was OK. The waterfalls, blowhole and black sand beach were cool to see. It was also nice to see the other side of Tahiti since it was our first visit there but we would not do the tour again. For their poor customer service, I would recommend considering other tour companies for the circle island tour or if you don't mind, rent a car. There is only one road that goes around the island.

3  Thank ISPpilot
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Everyone in this company is mad at the world. From the people doing our airport transfers to their office staff answering their phones, everyone (with the exception of our last lady that took us to the airport in Tahiti) had a bad attitude. Customer service is nonexistant for these people and furthermore, I honestly believe that they think they are doing their customers a favor. No thanks!!! We'll be taking cabs or renting a car next time.

My advice to the people of Marama tours is simple: IF you hate your job so much, QUIT!! You are the first impression that visitors get of Tahitian people, and, honestly, you are doing a disservice to your country, your economy and the other wonderful and friendly Tahitian people we met all over FP.

2  Thank WrldTrvlr37