Tripadvisor
Clam Gulch
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews kenai peninsula cook inlet gary wedding homer fishing alaska
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

We were traveling from Anchorage to Homer following Route # 1 down to the Kenai Peninsula. Reading the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to stay this Bed & Breakfast establishment. We were two couples from Florida with Alaska on our bucket list.
We were warmly welcome by the Owner / Host Gary at the door apon arrival. The Lodge sits on a bluff with some fantastic scenic views. We stayed upstairs using the two kingsize bedroom with a shared bath. Rooms and accommodations were very good - clean - bedding was great !
Downstairs is a fireplace gathering room that's wonderfully decorated - Gary is an excellent photographer with his many pictures on display.
A wonderful breakfast was cooked for us with salmon & reindeer sausage - eggs - toast - selection of juices - very good coffee . As we sat eating breakfast a moose causally walked out in the yard - there such a magnificent creature.
I seldom give 5 stars but this establish certainly has earned it. Stop in - it's a great experience!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

Incredible stay! Midway between Anchorage and Homer. Comfortable, homey feel with fabulous breakfast. Gary provided endless insights into things to do in the Kenai region! He pointed us to Skilak Wildlife Refuge drive and Russian River Falls hike. Overall he made the stay in Clam Gulch the best possible!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

Clam Gulch Lodge Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful location with very Serene scenery, quiet and restful atmosphere. Nicole and Allen are perfect hosts and make you feel welcome in a home setting. The food Nicole prepares is absolutely fantastic. I'm afraid I've gained a few pounds!!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jemeinzer
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

I chose this location to split up my drive and discovery of the Kenai peninsula-it was a great half way point between Seward and Homer. Nicole and Allen were very accommodating for my family. I was worried with my two young children about the cliffs- but they had plenty of space to play without safety being an issue- and then there are the views and delicious breakfast- this place is a hidden gem.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2015

I took my dad on his bucket list trip to go fishing in Alaska. We spent 4 nights at Clam Gulch lodge and wish we had another week!

Location
Glam Gulch is this amazing inlet that gets the best weather. It was raining and miserable all over the area and in Anchorage but the sun was shining and blue skis in Clam Gulch. I have stayed there twice now and never had bad weather. It's magic.

One of the questions from TripAdvisor is does it have nice views....Yes doesn't accurately answer that question. The views are breathtaking to say the least.

The Lodge
The lodge it self is Alaska at its best. Cozy and rustic with everything you need. Comfy beds, amazing view, and you can still catch the football game!

Hosts
The hosts are amazing. They scheduled our fishing charter and took care of all the details. When our charter was cancelled because of wind they quickly found us something the next day and took care of us. They even packed us a lunch that was well thought out. Lots of snack and hand held items so we could snack throughout the long day on the boat. Its these little attention to detail things that really made the trip.

I have visited several places around Anchorage and done all the sites and tours but nothing compares to our stay here. Can't wait to take the whole family!

Date of stay: September 2015