“Great People! Great location!”
Review of Alpine Creek Lodge

Alpine Creek Lodge
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 24, 2012

If you are looking for a great location, a pleasant stay and good people you do not have to look any further than Alpine Creek Lodge. It’s a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle, without having to spend a ton of dough on getting there. Winter or Summer there is always plenty to see and do at Alpine!
We can’t wait until our next trip in August!
Louis Cusack

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Alpine Creek Lodge so much last June, that we returned in February to experience an Alaskan winter. We were in for a real treat! We arrived in Fairbanks and Jen, Claude and their son Bob, picked us up at the airport and we headed out for Alpine. They treated us to a great dinner in Cantwell before heading down the Denali Hwy. Since this road is not plowed during the winter, we drove in to our snow machines and began what was the trip of a lifetime for my husband and I who had never been on snow mobiles (machines in AK). It took us 3 1/2 hours, but the time just flew by and the scenery was gorgeous! It was probably one of the most interesting and exciting things I have done in my life! While at the Lodge we got treated to an Aurora display beyond my dreams AND a ride on Jeff King's dog sled...He so generously offered to take us and of course we said YES. We also got to see McKinley on one of our snow machine rides. Bob trapped one of his first foxes and bagged a ptarmagin. We were lucky enough to get to share this with him. We completely relax at Alpine and know that always there will be new things to experience and enjoy. The hospitality and good food are a given! And the COFFEE is always plentiful....Are you surprised that we are returning next month? We want to join in again on their 4th of July BBQ with live music supplied by Ukele Russ! If you are in to a stay you will always remember, making new friends, and being treated like old friends, then come to Alpine!

Room Tip: Any room....suites upstairs or rooms downstairs - all very nice!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiSharona
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My first trip to Alpine Creek Lodge was an awesome experience, and I'm happy to say I've been several times since. This family owned and operated lodge is in the heart of Denali with beautiful vista views in summer and winter. The food is excellent and the hospitality is truly Alaskan. Fishing, ATV adventures, hunting opportunities or just sitting by the fire and experiencing the great outdoors. You won't be sorry if you stay at Alpine Creek Lodge any time of the year! I can't wait to go back next month!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I loved my stay at Alpine Creek Lodge. I was on a training run with sled dogs and had the absolute pleasure of staying with the Bondy family. They really take you in and make you feel like a family member, plus the food is wonderful. They stayed up late to welcome us into the lodge at around midnight in the heart of winter and even laid out straw for our dogs before we even arrived. I highly recommend this place. Such hospitality!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a amazing time at Alpine Creek Lodge! Claude and Jennifer are the nicest people you will meet and are very accomidating. They make you feel at home. The best riding on a sled I've ever done, the snow is amazing out there!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed May 22, 2012

For the past 3 years in March a group of our friends from Valdez, AK have traveled together to the Alpine Creek Lodge by snowmobile. We park in Paxson and make a day of riding to the lodge along the Denali Highway, spend two nights and then take another day for the return trip. Each year we have such a great time!
The rooms are exactly what we all had pictured for a comfy lodge environment. There is a big wood burning stove in the main room downstairs, with a communal dining table just beyond it. The outside walls are lined with rooms that either have bunk beds or a queen size bed. They don't have private baths, but that was never a problem for our group since we were renting most of the lodge each time. The rooms and bathrooms were always clean.
The food was hearty and plentiful. Coming in to a nice pot of beans warming on the wood burning stove in the living room was a treat, and helped warm you up after a long ride. Claude and Jennifer and their son Bob always make you feel like family, and sitting down to dinner or breakfast around the big dining table was truly sharing a meal with family and friends.

Room Tip: The Queen rooms on the second floor are our favorite since only those rooms share the 2 bathrooms on...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I rode our snowmachines out to Alpine Creek Lodge for a night and it was one of the best rides ever! From the time we unloaded our sleds the scenery was amazing and with every mile became more beautiful and that was just the beginning of our trip. The lodge was warm, comfortable and you feel right at home. We had a warm lunch and headed right back out to ride until dinnertime. By far the best snow I've ever rode in and Jake was an excellent guide showing us places and pointing out interesting things to us. We are looking forward to visiting again and would highly recommend Alpine Creek Lodge!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Alpine Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!