“True Alaskan experience”
Review of Alpine Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cantwell
Alpine Creek Lodge
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Delta Junction, Alaska, United States
“True Alaskan experience”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My first trip to Alpine Creek Lodge was an awesome experience, and I'm happy to say I've been several times since. This family owned and operated lodge is in the heart of Denali with beautiful vista views in summer and winter. The food is excellent and the hospitality is truly Alaskan. Fishing, ATV adventures, hunting opportunities or just sitting by the fire and experiencing the great outdoors. You won't be sorry if you stay at Alpine Creek Lodge any time of the year! I can't wait to go back next month!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
McKinley Park, Alaska, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I loved my stay at Alpine Creek Lodge. I was on a training run with sled dogs and had the absolute pleasure of staying with the Bondy family. They really take you in and make you feel like a family member, plus the food is wonderful. They stayed up late to welcome us into the lodge at around midnight in the heart of winter and even laid out straw for our dogs before we even arrived. I highly recommend this place. Such hospitality!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a amazing time at Alpine Creek Lodge! Claude and Jennifer are the nicest people you will meet and are very accomidating. They make you feel at home. The best riding on a sled I've ever done, the snow is amazing out there!

• Stayed April 2012
Archer, Florida
Reviewed May 22, 2012

For the past 3 years in March a group of our friends from Valdez, AK have traveled together to the Alpine Creek Lodge by snowmobile. We park in Paxson and make a day of riding to the lodge along the Denali Highway, spend two nights and then take another day for the return trip. Each year we have such a great time!
The rooms are exactly what we all had pictured for a comfy lodge environment. There is a big wood burning stove in the main room downstairs, with a communal dining table just beyond it. The outside walls are lined with rooms that either have bunk beds or a queen size bed. They don't have private baths, but that was never a problem for our group since we were renting most of the lodge each time. The rooms and bathrooms were always clean.
The food was hearty and plentiful. Coming in to a nice pot of beans warming on the wood burning stove in the living room was a treat, and helped warm you up after a long ride. Claude and Jennifer and their son Bob always make you feel like family, and sitting down to dinner or breakfast around the big dining table was truly sharing a meal with family and friends.

Room Tip: The Queen rooms on the second floor are our favorite since only those rooms share the 2 bathrooms on...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I rode our snowmachines out to Alpine Creek Lodge for a night and it was one of the best rides ever! From the time we unloaded our sleds the scenery was amazing and with every mile became more beautiful and that was just the beginning of our trip. The lodge was warm, comfortable and you feel right at home. We had a warm lunch and headed right back out to ride until dinnertime. By far the best snow I've ever rode in and Jake was an excellent guide showing us places and pointing out interesting things to us. We are looking forward to visiting again and would highly recommend Alpine Creek Lodge!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My snow machine trip was into some of the most amazing area I have ever been in! The owners/staff made sure that I felt at home with the family atmisphier and that I wanted for nothing. I highly recommend ALpine Creek Lodge.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Our stay at the Alpine Creek lodge was everything from thrilling, fun-filled snow adventures to relaxing, and enjoying good food and pure interior Alaskan hospitality. A three day stay was not enough to soak in all that the area and gracious hosts have to offer. We'll certainly return to experience more of both. The home-like feeling of the lodge set in some of the most beautiful Alaskan landscapes and will make you want to stay well past your checkout date. The family run crew make you feel comfortable and relaxed from the minute you meet them, not to mention their motivation to share what the area has to offer in the way of scenery, adventures, and flat out fun.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Alpine Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!