“This woman is a nightmare to deal with if you are planning a large event at this facility.”
Review of Sunset View Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Lake
Sunset View Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Big Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I got married here last summer and while the location and accommodations are hard to beat the woman Kathy that runs the place is unbelievable.... She acted like my wedding was the first wedding she had ever delt with at her facility. She had no clue and was of no help with making plans. Also her husband treated my family (especially the little kids) with a complete lack of respect. He was rude to my guests and completely out of line. I highly recommend you choose another place to do a large event. If I had to do it over again I would have never gone with this place.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Alaskalady1
AlaskaResort, Owner at Sunset View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

You did come by in October and received several quotes from me on the rentals, which when you returned in January to sign the contract I wanted to clarify on the invoice that was e-mailed the following day so there would be no misunderstanding. The regular rate for the Gold Package with two night, accomodations for 24 overnight guests with full kitchen, living room, family room, beauty salon, game room, 11 bedrooms which was 10,000 sq feet of living space plus lawn rental which includes the use of chairs, tables, linens, napkins for 200 wedding guests was $9495.
You were offered catering instead of the lawn fee as a special option for you, as this was our first year offering catering. I received an e-mail March stating you did not want to go with the catering option. I could not allow use of lawn with 200 guests with no charge.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

Our family gathered from around the country at the Alaska Sunset View Resort to celebrate the wedding of myself and my new husband. We could not have selected a better place! It was so beautiful and the accomodations were amazing. The home where the family spent the weekend was immaculate, and so welcoming and comfortable. Family of all ages and all interests were able to gather and have a truly enjoyable weekend together. Whether the kids were playing out on the lake in the paddle boats, or we were enjoying a relaxing breakfast lakeside, or even playing pool in the game room, everyone had a terrific time! The condition of the grounds and facility truly reflect the pride the owners take in the resort. We hope to gather again with family at this facility because it met every need and then some. It was a perfect weekend of relaxation!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sunset View Resort? Share your experiences!