“very nice!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in York
Chicago, Illinois
“very nice!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed here in June 2012. My family and I traveled from Chicago to York, Alabama for a family reunion. The rooms very nice, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and nice. The house keepers were also very nice and helpful. They cleaned my room after I left and when I came back it was so clean. it was also a very quite and a peaceful place. I won't any problems staying at this motel next year when I come for a family reunion again. I loved it here. Very good service!

Room Tip: I have no tips because all rooms looked nice to me.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank angela s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Please!!! DO NOT stay at this Hotel, if you value your health. My sister and I stopped for the one night and it was awful. As I went into the bathroom I looked up and saw Black mold. We returned to the front desk and the man didn't seem to concerned about the mold but gave another room. The wife came out and to confirm, "in the bathroom ceiling?" and answered "yes". She informed me they knew about it and the handyman was coming on Monday. This was Friday night. WHY would they be renting out that room if they knew???? Due to this statement I decided to take pictures of the mold, not trusting them. In the morning I told the man I forgot something in the rush of vacating the room. When I returned to take a picture of the mold, they had Bleached the ceiling during the night, which only takes the color out and does not kill the root of the mold. If they did it in that room, what about the others????? Black Mold is VERY dangerous for your health. Google Black Mold and educate yourself.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Mary B

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Located at exit 8 off of I-20/59 in York, Alabama. I stayed here for 1 night and the price for a King sized bed was $45 including tax. The room itself was ok. The fridge and micro worked fine. The channels that were offered on the TV were acceptable. The staff was friendly. The bathroom was clean and the carpets were fairly older but in ok condition(see pics). The towels were actually newer and smelled fine. I guess for the price it was an overall nice stay. I really can't point out anything that stood out as it being more than just an average hotel room experience. According to the last reviews I was a little cautious about staying here. But I guess since it has changed hands, the ownership has paid a little more attention to thier establishment in order to increase their customer base IMOHO. There is a small truck stop/convienence store across the street in case you need to purchase sundries (or beer). But it is very limited to strictly essential needs. Truck parking is limited to bobtail only. If you have a trailer, you need to park in the truckstop across the street. If the hotel retains its condition and friendly staff, I wouldn't have a problem staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Los Fresnos, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is the only motel at the exit. If you find you can't avoid stopping here, drive on! Rooms weren't very clean, TV's didn't work and free WiFi? Well, "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, just depends on the weather." Our stay was a "don't." There was no coffee maker, but they did provide soap & shampoo. The handicap room we used had only a full size bed, not queen. The man next door told me he walked across his floor barefoot after showering & had to wash his feet again.
The clerk recommended we eat at the Briar Patch, a buffet in the BP station next door. We ate a bad meal there a couple years ago that my wife remembered & passed this time. Their restrooms were so dirty, I refused to wash my hands in the sink! Wish I had seen that before I ate the food.

Room Tip: Look before you pay.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travel4funaurora_OH
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The staff is friendly. Howeever, House Keeping steal pillows and charge it to the customer. you will find these charges later in your bill. I stayed on Dec 17, 2010 in my way to Texas. I forget My Pellow in the room. Comming back from Texas, they put me in the same room. I found out that they are using my pillow inside the room. According the the front disk any thing that they found the keep it for 15 days. When I left, they charge me for missing pillows. this hotel steal from me twice. They steal my pillow and the charge me for missing pillows. I have used the hotel more than two time going back and forth. Definetly they have lost my bussiness forever, and they are worth investigation. becaureful, make sure to check the room with the front desk before checking in and after check out. I called the manager and explain to her the situation. She told me that she is going to do something about it. She never done anything. I agree with the previous review that the carpet is very dirty.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DaysINNOmar
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I am from atlanta georgia . We stayed at daysinn hotel in york AL for two nights on Dec 27 ,2010. The staff was very nice and friendly .The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Hotel is in good condition and clean The room had a t.v,mini fridge,and a microwave.If I ever come to york, al,I would stay in daysinn .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank amitajitumargimegh
Reviewed July 31, 2010

this hotel was a random pick on a trip from tx to md, and man was it a bad one. The floor is turning our feet black, there's scratches and marks all over the walls, mold growing on the lamp shades, ash tray/cards/trash behind the tv, the markings on the a/c are done with taped on post-its. There's a dark spray of something above the bath (i hope it's just mold). Oh and the nightlife! People who aren't even staying here are wondering around the hotel doing stuff.. Dunno what and not sure I wanna find out. Only plus is the lady at the front desk was nice.. First warning sign should have been the bullet proof glass over the speaking hole at the window.

• Stayed December 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
Comfort Inn
#7 of 29 in Meridian
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 29 in Meridian

Been to America's Best Inn & Suites York? Share your experiences!