All reviews huddle house front desk great hotel complimentary breakfast staff was extremely helpful halfway point stay there again room was clean off the highway a nice place to stay would recommend this hotel to anyone great room excellent stay easy access southern hospitality the hotel staff oatmeal
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I arrived very late and was greeted by a friendly staff member who was prepared for my arrival and quickly processed by registration. The room was quiet, clean and the bed comfortable. I slept well and felt safe and secure. In the morning I had a perfect breakfast and delicious hot coffee and was on my way. I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great Hotel. I was in the middle of a two week trip. I was completely exhausted when I got to the Hampton In Winfield. The staff made me feel like I was the most important thing that was taking place at that time. This is how all businesses should treat their guests. Well done.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Hampton Inn of Winfield, Alabama, is exceptional. It is new, very clean and bright, with excellent staff. My wife and I enjoyed our overnight stay and will definitely stay there again the next time we are in that area.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here two nights recently and overall was impressed with this hotel. There's not much near here in the way of things to do and places to eat. My group was here for a track meet so we stuck to Pizza Hut and Subway mostly. There's Yampertown Steak House and I hear the front desk has a good suggestion for a great burger joint nearby in town. The lobby and rooms were well appointed and attractively decorated. Everything was clean. My only issue was actually with the staff. They were mostly pleasant, but when we requested more feather pillows we were disappointed with the response... the front desk called my wife back and told her "they say you already have two feather pillows in your room... so do you still need more?". While I understand that worse things could have happened, it was not a great example of outstanding customer service (nor was the almost 10 minute wait downstairs to update a key-card). As a frequent traveler I may be a little jaded, but I still believe that it is always the people that make the difference. A little additional training should do the trick (assuming the owners/managers of this hotel want to reach for the highest standards).

Room tip: Ask for the side away from the interstate and elevator for the quietest spot. It is far enough off the Interstate, though, where noise is not much of an issue.
Date of stay: April 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hotel was very clean and the rooms were very spacious! The breakfast was okay - a little more than cont'l breakfast. I am a very picky traveler - being that I am employee of the Hospitality world! I agree with the other travelers - the hotel is in a very limited area, however there are two gas stations down the road, and the nearest area for restaurants, stores is about a 15-20 minute drive.

One of the front desk clerks recommended a local restaurant for us to pick up dinner during our stay and I have to say that it was one of the best homemade burgers I have ever tasted!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone! I scored the service as a average, when I called the hotel to make our reservations, the clerk informed me that she couldn't give us a military rate, and she wasn't too pleasant, however when I called the 1-800 Hampton number, they gave us the military rate and thanked us for our service!!!

Date of stay: April 2013