All reviews paddle boards snorkel gear price includes fish small island dining hall fried jacks volleyball court refried beans deck chairs meals included perfect paradise a wonderful stay little slice of heaven took great care gracious hosts tabacco caye
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2016

This is a Wonderful place to stay! The staff were super nice; the food was great and the rooms very clean and comfortable. It's a relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend that if anyone is looking for a place to stay......choose Joe Jo's on the Reef. The staff are super friendly and accommodating. I will always return to Joe Jo's on the Reef when I return to Belize

Room tip: All rooms face the ocean
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LouisSwasey, Owner at Joe Jo's By The Reef, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2017

Thanks so much for joining us here at Joe Jo's, for even though a short stay, we trust you have left with a lifelong memory.We will be looking out for your return and promise to improve on what you have enjoyed.Thanks for your kind compliment.Have a Happy New Year !

Reviewed October 12, 2016

This was one of our stops during a field course I attended several years ago (March 2009 - not an option to select below) and I'm excited to have the privilege of leading a field course to Belize in May. Tobacco Caye Island is absolutely on our itinerary. The island has cozy cabins, hammocks, fresh fruit and endless snorkeling opportunities.

Room tip: We advise students to bring their own linens.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank haringsn
Reviewed September 8, 2016

I'm late in writing my review of one of my best family vacation/re-union - one we will never forget. The management and staff were very friendly and accommodating. We did not feel like guest, but more like an extension of their family. The food was always a flavor of the country and was more than sufficient. The rooms were clean, and very comfortable. Every room had a view of the beautiful Caribbean sea. Relaxing on the veranda in a hammock and enjoying the cool sea breeze always put me to seep. You could actually spend the night in your hammock if you chose to. Our family spent a few hours fishing one day and we actually caught enough red snappers for one of our meals - delicious!! We played volleyball, snorkeled, kayaked, and even got to visit another nearby Caye (Water Caye); where we enjoyed a few drinks at the local bar and went snorkeling. We will definitely be back!! Thanks to Louis and Staff for making this an unforgettable vacation for me and my family!!
Erma

Room tip: all you need is your swim suit, sun block, shorts, and water shoes. leave all your high heels and dresses behind.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
LouisSwasey, Owner at Joe Jo's By The Reef, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2016

Thanks Ermacitas.We do appreciate your gracious comments and we are happy to know that you and your family had a memorable time here at Joe Jos.More surprises on your return.Kind regards to everyone.

Louis.

Reviewed August 18, 2016

Our group of 24 stayed here for 2 nights at then end of our medical mission trip to Belize. The units were clean and comfortable. Kayaks, paddle boards and snorkel equipment were readily available. The water was crystal clear and yes the stingray pictured came by each day in less that 2 feet of water. The staff were very friendly. There is a nice little bar by the water. The food was served buffet style for our group and included fresh fruit, chicken, rice, beans, and other typical fare. There is one drawback...there is no AC anywhere on the island. Although there is a nice breeze it can be hot.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank 299JudyH

Thanks Judy.Do appreciate your fine comments and hope to have you back again.Let me know in advance and your AC will be arranged:)

Kind Regards,

Louis

Reviewed August 15, 2016

Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Meals were outstanding...even prepared the fish our group caught!

Great place to leave all your cares behind. So relaxing. Tropical breezes, attentive staff, stunning views. Who could ask for anything more!!!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thanks so much for your fine comments,we do appreciate your friendship so please,the only thing I will ask for is that you tell your friends and come again.!