TripAdvisor
Tobacco Caye
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews paddle boards snorkel gear price includes fish small island dining hall fried jacks volleyball court refried beans deck chairs meals included perfect paradise a wonderful stay little slice of heaven took great care gracious hosts tabacco caye
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2015

We stayed for three night at the Island. The cabanas are recently renovated, clean and simply furnished but you sleep well after a day on the reef. All of the cabanas have a balcony with a 180 degrees viem of the ocean. The restaurant where under renovation end not opened when we stayed there. Note that you need cash - you cant pay with card

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank EvaLasse2015
Reviewed April 19, 2015

I stayed almost a week at Joe Jo's By The Reef, it was simply fantastic. The lovely and clean cabins are new built, with private bathrooms, veranda with hammock and relax chair and seaview.
Just relax and listen to the sea :-)
The owner Luis and his manager Winston were totally friendly and always helpful if there was any question. The restaurant was at ongoing construction, so I had breakfeast and dinner just next to Joe Jo's at Jean's Place, which was absolutely delicious! Thanks to Miss Margret - the best chef on the island - and Salomon!
If you are travelling to Tobacco Caye stay at Joe Jo's by the reef, hope you will love it as I did!

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank babs-travelling
Reviewed March 27, 2015

We loved our cabana over the water. It was wonderful to look out at the water every day. Snorkeling right off the south end was excellent. We could walk right in to a reef or take a boat ride to a neighboring reef. The kitchen was undergoing renovation and will probably be great when finished. Winston, the manager, was really great, and even surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of hand picked flowers for my birthday.

Room tip: the middle waterfront cabana
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank pineycreek
Reviewed February 7, 2015

My wife and I had an amazing vacation last year while staying at Joe Jo's by the Reef. We sure did feel like we were at our "home away from home". Our cabins were spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating... they even arranged a fishing trip for us. Caught my first barracuda! Even though the main building , kitchen and dinning areas were under construction while we were there, the staff arranged for us to have our meals at a small restaurant that was right next door. Simply delicious. Joe Jo's has taken Tobacco Caye to the next level towards being a first choice destination. My wife and I were already planning our return BEFORE we even left the island! The icing on the cake had to be the incredible view we had from our cabin....it made us speechless. There's nothing like staying at a place that provides for their guests and that seems to be Joe Jo's number one goal. Thanks for make our vacation "priceless".

Date of stay: December 2014
3  Thank Sobaja
Reviewed February 2, 2015

In November 2014, my wife and I were in Belize, which we love and have returned to year after year. On this trip we had the good fortune of visiting Tobacco Caye. Of even greater fortune was the opportunity of staying at Joe Jo's by the Reef. The only problem is that of having to leave. The personnel service and amenities in this tropical paradise are exceptional. Our stay at Jo Joe's By the Reef will always be in our memories and in our hearts. We look forward to a return visit soon.

Room tip: All the cabanas are on the water overlooking the reef so there is no need worry about room selection.
Date of stay: November 2014