“A perfect setting”

Casa Laurin B&B
Nairobi, Kenya
“A perfect setting”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We used Casa Laurin as our base while visiting Costa Rica and it was perfect in every respect. Ginette runs an efficient B&B that is warm, hospitable and very homely. She has all the contacts within the country and helped us out with ideas, recommendations and reservations. Our kids felt at home and enjoyed their time at home away from home....

Centrally located it makes moving around San Jose and getting to the airport or out sight seeing easy.

Will recommend this to all our friends and family in Kenya & the UK to visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Alberta
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Been to Casa Laurin 5 times, feels like a second home. Close to Multiplaza and easy access to highway. Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet.
Ginette takes very good care of her B&B and her guests.
Breakfast is great with good choices on the menu.

Room Tip: Private bath is nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am a frequent business traveler and traditionally stay in hotels so when I had a recommendation to try this B&B, I was a little hesitant. I was so pleasantly surprised and happy I stayed there. Ginette was so engaging and inviting and her home so easy to be both social and private (a difficult combination to provide). I was gratefull for the knowledge, assistance and great friendship I found there and hope to go back soon. I enjoyed the neighborhood, the ease of getting around and being encouraged to ask any questions (and I sure did).

Room Tip: I stayed in the "shared bathroom" area (share with one other room) and still had privacy...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I found Casa Laurin on the Internet when looking for a place to stay in Escazu at the end of my trip. The reviews on Tripadvisor were excellent and so was my experience. The landlord, Ginette, has been so helpful with everything, the mountain view was excellent and the company of Ginette and other guests does not make you feel lonely in big San Jose. Thanks for a wonderful stay! I will highly recommend the place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cabanga, Costa Rica
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I are locals and had business in San Jose, Casa Laurin is very convenient to many things in the area and easy to get to from the hwy. Also within walking distance to food and shopping. Her neighborhood is clean and safe. Her place is just like home and she makes you feel at home, comfy beds, good food, spacious rooms and common areas, and even 2 nice dogs! We will return again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Just returned from our second stay at Casa Laurin, and hope to return again!! I can't possibly say enough good things about Casa Laurin and it"s owner Ginette. If you are Going to San Jose or the Escazu area, you can't find a better place to stay The B&B is wonderful, but without Ginette it would only be a very clean and comfortable house with a lovely pool, and a convinent location. Ginette will help you with anything you might need,tours transportation, food, the language barrier, the works!! Not only will see to your every need....she does it with a big heart and a beautiful smile!!
Like the title of this review,this was the second stay for my husband and I at Casa Laurin. I had dental work in Feb. and went back in July for the final treatment, and we would not have considered staying anywhere else. Not only that but we hope to return to Costa Rica some day just for fun, and our trip would not be complete without a stay at Casa Laurin.

We took a side trip to Manuel Antionio, that Ginette arranged for us, and had a great time. Traveling in a foreign country is easy when you have someone like Ginette making all the arrangements for you. Beautiful as that trip was, we were both happy to get back to Ginette!!!!

Looking forward to seeing Ginette and Casa Laurin again someday.

If you are a breakfast person Ginettte and her staff have that well in hand. Great coffee,omelets pancakes oatmeal smoothies anything you ask for made just for you. As you can tell from this review....we HIGHLY reccomend CASA LAURIN!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Casa Laurin. My husband and I enjoyed Ginette's hospitality. She was very helpful, from planning our airport transportations, recommending wonderful restaurants, cooking us a wonderful breakfast, and even making us coffee and breakfast to go for our very early morning flight. The bed and breakfast was so peaceful, and very clean. We slept peacefully both nights. There is also plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Thank you so very much Ginette, we look forward to staying at Casa Laurin again when we are in Costa Rica.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Apartotel La Sabana
Apartotel La Sabana
#2 of 85 in San Jose
Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu

Been to Casa Laurin B&B? Share your experiences!