“Great place to relax from the hustle of the city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Laurin B&B

Casa Laurin B&B
Bonn, Germany
“Great place to relax from the hustle of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I found Casa Laurin on the Internet when looking for a place to stay in Escazu at the end of my trip. The reviews on Tripadvisor were excellent and so was my experience. The landlord, Ginette, has been so helpful with everything, the mountain view was excellent and the company of Ginette and other guests does not make you feel lonely in big San Jose. Thanks for a wonderful stay! I will highly recommend the place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Cabanga, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I are locals and had business in San Jose, Casa Laurin is very convenient to many things in the area and easy to get to from the hwy. Also within walking distance to food and shopping. Her neighborhood is clean and safe. Her place is just like home and she makes you feel at home, comfy beds, good food, spacious rooms and common areas, and even 2 nice dogs! We will return again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Just returned from our second stay at Casa Laurin, and hope to return again!! I can't possibly say enough good things about Casa Laurin and it"s owner Ginette. If you are Going to San Jose or the Escazu area, you can't find a better place to stay The B&B is wonderful, but without Ginette it would only be a very clean and comfortable house with a lovely pool, and a convinent location. Ginette will help you with anything you might need,tours transportation, food, the language barrier, the works!! Not only will see to your every need....she does it with a big heart and a beautiful smile!!
Like the title of this review,this was the second stay for my husband and I at Casa Laurin. I had dental work in Feb. and went back in July for the final treatment, and we would not have considered staying anywhere else. Not only that but we hope to return to Costa Rica some day just for fun, and our trip would not be complete without a stay at Casa Laurin.

We took a side trip to Manuel Antionio, that Ginette arranged for us, and had a great time. Traveling in a foreign country is easy when you have someone like Ginette making all the arrangements for you. Beautiful as that trip was, we were both happy to get back to Ginette!!!!

Looking forward to seeing Ginette and Casa Laurin again someday.

If you are a breakfast person Ginettte and her staff have that well in hand. Great coffee,omelets pancakes oatmeal smoothies anything you ask for made just for you. As you can tell from this review....we HIGHLY reccomend CASA LAURIN!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Casa Laurin. My husband and I enjoyed Ginette's hospitality. She was very helpful, from planning our airport transportations, recommending wonderful restaurants, cooking us a wonderful breakfast, and even making us coffee and breakfast to go for our very early morning flight. The bed and breakfast was so peaceful, and very clean. We slept peacefully both nights. There is also plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Thank you so very much Ginette, we look forward to staying at Casa Laurin again when we are in Costa Rica.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The new location is better. She has a nice pool now and plenty of room. It is also closer to things if you walk to amenities. Ginette helped us to learn things about the culture and to solve a rental car problem that would have otherwise been impossible! I have stayed here a couple times now and they always go the extra mile in looking out for you; something that would not likely happen at other places. One of my kids mentioned he kept seeing "hotcakes" signs, but had not had any yet. So Ginette went the extra mile and made the kids some amazing pancakes- lol They just loved it and so did we!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Playa Grande, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

we were so lucky to stay at Casa Laurin! Ginette is friendly, helpful & made us feel right at home. our first experience with a bed & breakfast was a total success! this is a perfect location if you are interested in walking around the area - plenty of good restaurants, stores & movie theaters. or, Ginette will arrange transportation or tours for you. if you're concerned about knowing the language or customs, Ginette will help you through those concerns. the house is charming, clean & well run. the breakfasts tasted delicious & are robust. have a fun time in San Jose!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have never been the B&B type, but decided to stay at Casa Laurin when I was in Costa Rica for much needed dental work. The first time I stayed here was in January, and I just returned from a second week in June. This is really a large home in an upscale area just outside of San Jose called Escazu. There are five rooms, three with private baths, while two of the rooms share a bath. I stayed here based on recommendations from others and because it was within easy walking distance of the dentist office. The property itself is very comfortable, spacious and well appointed. It is a convenient walk (or taxi) from just about everything you could want. What really makes this place shine is the owner, Ginette. In a word, she's just a DOLL! I had some pretty painful dental work performed and lovely Ginette went out of her way to see that I was taken care of and comfortable. The home made breakfasts were delicious and great pains were taken to see that I was happy and full. Every morning Ginette would ask what I felt like for breakfast -- it was my choice. Fresh fruit, frittatas, omeletes, pancakes, fresh juice, coffee -- you name it and a few minutes later it magically appears in front of you. But it's not just the food -- Ginette will do anything for you and I mean anything. She takes care of her guests just like family. No detail is to small. I also really enjoyed getting to know the other guests -- everyone was so nice and I had some great conversations with all that I met. I keep coming back to the word family. Casa Laurin really feels like one big happy family. Fun, laid back, and just really, really comfortable. I originally almost stayed down the road at the Marriot Courtyard -- for triple the price. So glad I didn't do that! Whenever I return to Costa Rica, this will be my home away from home!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
#2 of 85 in San Jose
Residence Inn San Jose Escazu
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose la Sabana
Parque del Lago Boutique Hotel

Been to Casa Laurin B&B? Share your experiences!