Casa Laurin B&B
$229
$149
Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio(San Rafael de Escazu)
$94
Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu(San Rafael de Escazu)
$88
Courtyard
Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu(San Rafael de Escazu)
$88
$84
Aparthotel Casa Reflejos(San Rafael de Escazu)(Great Value!)
$59
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$84
Posada El Quijote(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$75
Isla Verde Hotel(San Jose)
$79
Colours Oasis Resort(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$59
All reviewsdental workat homecosta ricaother guestsrental carsan josefrench toastbanana pancakesmakes you feelhighly recommend a stayarrange tourstaxi driverdental tourismbeautiful roomvisiting familyfelt like homeforeign country
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My stay at Casa Laurin totally exceeded my expectations. Located in one of the best neighborhoods in Escazu, my room was large and comfortable with a balcony and a view of the mountains. I was within walking distance of my doctor's office as well as all the shopping and dining I could ever need. My hostess, Laurin, was extremely gracious and helpful and served a delicious breakfast each morning. She even tailored the breakfast to my needs (due to the oral surgery). The experience was made even better by the other guests, most of whom were also there for the same purpose. Laurin also helped to arrange for a day trip and helped me set up a fishing trip to the coast between my appointments. I will be returning for the final placement of my permanent implants in a few months and I would not consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms with a private bath have the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I spent to nights at Casa Laurin during my stay in San Jose. Ginette provides a comfortable home like atmosphire. The rooms are impeccable and comfortable with all the comforts of home.
I appriciated the extra resources Ginette gave me to help me for getting around in a large city.

Casa Laurin will be the place I stay on my next trip to beautiful Costa Rica.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 589DaveL
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at Casa Laurin for a week while having dental work done close by in Escazu. I'm not typically a B&B traveler so I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy it. I've stayed in hotels in San Jose in the past but this was defintely my most enjoyable visit, Ginette is a wonderful host by providing useful local information, helping make arrangements and just having a good conversation. If you need to stay in this area of Costa Rica I highly recommend it. There are all kinds of restaurants close by ranging from local Tico food to high end dining and shopping all within a 20 minute walk from Casa Laurin. I will definitely return on my next trip to San Jose.

Room Tip: If you prefer a large room with king beds go for one of two rooms upstairs on the front of the property. A nice view of the hills above Escazu.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank David K
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We arrived late in San Jose and needed somewhere to stay for one night before setting off on our adventure the next day. Ginette went above and beyond in welcoming us and helping with all kinds of details. We had a nice convenient room with two large beds (for 2 adults plus 2 small children), and it was near the entrance so that helped with arriving very late. Wonderful breakfast the next day in a sunny room that was open to the courtyard and pool. Ginette was a great help with fixing up our rental cars and even helped with installing the car seats, which was a bit of a struggle. A great, friendly place to stay.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The best part of the stay is Ginette (I think that was her name). She is a lovely woman and very friendly and helpful. Escazu was not my most favorite part of Costa Rica, but I can say I've seen it and been there. The owner is very helpful with regards to restaurants, day trips and really any questions you may have. You feel like you're visiting a friend in her home.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple