Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio(San Rafael de Escazu)
$94
Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu(San Rafael de Escazu)
$110
$179
$158
Aparthotel Casa Reflejos(San Rafael de Escazu)(Great Value!)
$50
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$89
Posada El Quijote(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$75
$79
Colours Oasis Resort(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$62
$86
$82
$183
$169
GardenInn.com
All reviewsfront desksan josecosta ricaoutback steakhousestrip mallwalking distancefree shuttlebusiness tripexcellent hotelbreakfast buffetat homelarge mallspecial thanksbusiness hoteltaxi serviceenjoy your staylots of restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here during a trip to San Jose from our home in Tamarindo. It is very convenient to the Multiplaza Escazu mall, the Wal Mart, and the many furniture/home accessory/electronics stores in the Escazu area, located just to the north of Ruta 27 (the toll road to the Pacific coast). Front desk staff were exceptionally polite and helpful, and the hotel was clean and in good repair. Our room was fairly spacious and comfortable. However, we were bothered by traffic noise from Ruta 27, as well as some fairly loud customers of a Hooter's restaurant across the parking lot from the front of the hotel. Turning on the AC helped mask the sounds. Suggest asking for a room towards the north end of the hotel and facing east; these would likely be the quietest options. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

How nice that you visited us from Tamarindo, that's a beautiful place. Please send us a note next time your are planing to come to San Jose, and we will be more than happy to assign you a nice room and assure that everyone here recognize you.

You can always contact me at adolfo.carit@marriott.com

Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was my second stay in the Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu. I stayed from July 21st to July 25th this time. In the first night I arrived at 8 p.m. and ordered a meal from the room service. I was informed it would take 45 minutes and I was ok with that, however, it never came. I waited until 11 p.m. and decided to go to the front desk to ask was going on and I was informed the kitchen team had left and they would not deliver my order. Nobody cared if I was waiting for 3 hours. Just amazing the careless about customers. The rest of the hotel was ok, but this is something you just don't do to customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that we did not achieve your expectations about the service we provided during your stay with us, I have shared your comments with the team and I am happy to say that we are already working on the necessary improvements in order to provide the service you and all our customers deserve.
Please receive our apology for this issue.
Please send me an e-mail prior your next visit and I will take good care of you. adolfo.carit@marriott.com

Best regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Unbelievable, but after my complaint, and photographs taken of the moldy shower, torn seating, smelly refrigerator, broken cabinetry, and terribly noisy wind whistling thru the balconies the manager was polite but did nothing. Said they were trying to take care of issues, but charged me over $200 for an old suite NOT TO MARRIOTT standards, and said they would credit my silver elite account 2,000 points....still to be seen. What a joke!! I hope a real manager sees this post so Marriott excellence standards are known to NOT be met in all countries.... Horrible stay, hardly slept and very so so breakfast, you're better off going to the cafe around the corner! Many other brand new lodging options in the area now, my loyalty to my favorite flag is over!

1  Thank Panita87

Dear Panita87,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to read that did not have a pleasant stay with us. We always try to provide each guest with excellent service, and unfortunately we were not able to achieve this with you. Our Rooms Care Manager will take action immediately in order to improve the service we provide to our customers.
Please contact our Guest Care Manager in order to review the Marriott Rewards point’s situation you mention (cristina.riba@marriott.com).

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotels offers great comfort for their guests, however the most amazing characteristic is the friendly and helpful staff, I could not name only one of them cause all of them are wonderful, they always have a smile and the best recommendations available, the ladies that clean the rooms are very thoughtful and detailed. I enjoyed my stay and hope to be back this time with my family!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, I agree with you, they are the best!

Any time you are coming back please take in consideration that you can use our new service: Mobile Check in. Now from your tablet or cell phone you can check in, try it, it is free! For more information please do not hesitate in contact me adolfo.carit@marriott.com

Best regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2014

My trip was just for job...but all the staff (specially Marco F.) made my stay so gratefull and comfortable.
Well located, near to many restaurants and a big Mall.
The breakfast was perfect, the coffe....made me remember my Colombian coffe, was perfect!

1  Thank Norma Lucía R