“Great restaurant! Excellent homemade menu!”
Review of Ka'Kau - CLOSED

Ka'Kau
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: "Ka'Kau has the best breakfast in Costa Rica, it is not typical local food, which is nice and refreshing, as it can be hard to find North American/European breakfast options.They have all day breakfast, cakes, lunch, early dinner and delicious coffee made from a very special blend unique to Ka'Kau. Their bread pudding is life changing and their Banoffe pie needs an honorable mention. Everything is homemade and made fresh daily, including the bread.The owners are Maik, who is a trained pastry chef from Germany but spent many years working in restaurants in London and his lovely wife Beatriz run the place and always welcome guests with a smile.I do not own the restaurant but my husband and I go every Saturday for breakfast and if we can make it for lunch during the week too. Their food is amazing and travelers need to know. we are originally from Canada but currently living in Costa Rica.They even have delicious snacks that we stock up on before we travel around the country, such as muffins, cookies and the best granola.We really hope you visit this place so you can see for yourself and give it the recognition it deserves".
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I are wrapping up our honeymoon in Costa Rica and flying out of SJO tomorrow. We had dinner at Ka'Kau tonight and were so happy we did. We had been driving all day and my husband was just saying how much he would love a big breakfast... We pulled up and checked out the menu and the owner told us that everything on the menu from lasagna to pork sandwiches to pancakes is made fresh from scratch. She also mentioned that breakfast was served all day! Sold. The hubby had a huge breakfast with amazing pancakes from scratch and I had home made lasagna. We finished with the raspberry fudge cake and a very well made cappuccino! The husband and wife that own the place were so nice and the food was one of the best dinners we had in the 3 weeks in Costa Rica! If you are in the area, definitely stop in.

2  Thank SarahKnerr1

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Wow, this is THE place. I wish there were more hours in the day just so I could go more often!

2  Thank Brian P
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I got hooked on this place at first for the desserts--try the bread and butter pudding, by far my favorite dessert ever. The place looks more like a nice open bakery but I discovered the food which is excellent. Great breakfasts, good burgers too. The restaurant serves better food than many other restaurants recommended to me in the area. I'll always go back. If you get a chance to meet and talk with the owners, Maik and Beatriz, they're very cool . You won't be disappointed in this place, make sure you check it out.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Brilliant food, always fresh, lovely desserts Banana-Toffee is just so delicious, I would highly recommend Ka'Kau to anyone looking for the tastiest, freshest food in town, using really fresh, high quality ingredients.
Staff is helpful and welcoming, and the shop itself is beautiful.

1  Thank WILLCRUK
Reviewed October 12, 2011

For over 6 months, I go regularly at KaKau. KaKau is a lovely setting for a relax meal with friends though experiencing fine cuisine. I love having late breakfast and theirs are so delicious! I love having an afternoon Expresso with a pastry, theirs are so exquisite! Simply put I love everything they have on the menu and I particularly love bathing in their friendly atmosphere! I feel at home...

1  Thank Janine F