Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu(San Rafael de Escazu)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio(San Rafael de Escazu)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat hotelcima hospitalmultiplaza mallwalking distancesan josecosta ricaunderground parkingbusiness triptop floorshuttle servicerooms are largecomfortable hotelchecking outroom servicebiggest mallbusiness hotelcomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in November 2011.

The hotel was brand new.

We had the suite on the top floor of the hotel.

That suite was very impressive.

The bathroom was the size of many hotel rooms.

The suite was is on the corner of the hotel and has large panoramic windows.

The windows do not open.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

I liked the location of the hotel close to the giant mall called the Multiplaza.

There is nothing much to complain about this hotel.

I only wish that they had 24 hour room service, (which they don't have).

Can't have everything, I guess.

Still, I don't know what standard rooms look like but boy was our suite impressive!

The hotel is super clean.

Our suite was soundproofed.

We had a gorgeous panoramic view of the San Jose area and the mountains.

Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, ask for the king bed suite. Be aware that room windows do not open in this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
LudwingDiaz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn San Jose Escazú. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the stay with us in one of our suites. We hope to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

New, clean, spacious rooms. Small bar but good service. Nice, small rooftop pool can come handy in sunny mornings. Lots of restaurants and stores nearby but at an awkward distance where you're better off with a car (or a taxi, but local taxis will charge you a much higher rate for picking you up at a hotel...code for ripping tourists off, if you ask me). One thing I did NOT like was that windows don't really block noise, so light sleepers may want to ask for rooms not looking directly into the highway (we changed rooms).

Room Tip: Windows don't block noise in rooms overlooking the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
LudwingDiaz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for you comments. It would be a pleasure to hit you again in the near future.

best Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We come to Escazu quite often as we live in a more remote part of Costa Rica and need to come into "the big city" to shop and go to the movies. We have stayed at about all the hotels here over the years and thought we would try this new Holiday Inn sice it does have a very good location. The place is not bad but the service is poor, for example our confirmation said breakfast was included which they did include the first morning but tried not to the second. After an argument they did include it but it was a hassle and since I had the paperwork just stupid on there behalf. The parking is also a hassle as they make you park below at the far back and then you walk further to go up the stairs only to walk all the way back again and don't try to walk out the way you drove in or the parking guard will yell at you. There many better hotels around like the Residence Inn Marriot for about the same price and it has much better service and a better location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Saults,

Thank you for taking the time to write our hotel a review. I am pleased that you liked our location. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you experienced with the staff service. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We appreciate the candid feedback and while understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to host you again in the future should your travels bring you back to Escazu.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I chose this hotel because I was able to get a good rate and it is super convenient. We had lots of errands in the Escazu area, so it was great. The hotel is very sleek and modern. I thought it had just been completed, but they said it had been a year. I thought that for a couple of reasons. It was not worn, but also didn't look finished! The rooms are the nice hotel standard rooms. Great bed, but inexplicably small pillows. Great bathroom, but no robes. Although we had to talk the bar staff through making a martini, they were very nice. The food was pretty disappointing. And we said no to the $22 small breakfast buffet the next morning. Why do hotels do that? I would stay here again if the rate was really great. If not, I would pass.

Room Tip: I would ask for high on the East side. High, because they are still doing construction across the walkway. East, because you don't get that searing afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Escazú and we are happy to have met your expectations.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2012

First I went to Hotel Real Intercontinental but due to bad service and bad arrogant treatment, I checked out in 2 hours from there and came to Holiday Inn, great hotel, great staff, reception is excellent, fast and prompt. Smiling. New hotel, clean room, great gym, swimming pool. Breakfast to the expectation. Taxi always available, Starbuck at nearby mall. All food joints near by and overall great comfortable hotel with excellent caring staff. This will be my place till I open my business.

Room Tip: High rise is good, plus 5th floor had gym.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased t know that you have selected our hotel to saty while opening your business.

Best regards,