All reviews english channels bathroom shower my day stay bar restaurant the wi fi free breakfast is standard room linens refrigerator museum
Selected filters
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

The only positive about this dump is it’s location. The slightly cheaper option amongst the men’s hotels in the area. Just a short walk to the nice places. Upon arriving, my toilet was broken. The air conditioning control never worked, I just plugged and unplugged it. The cable tv only had two bad English channels. The WiFi was weak. The breakfast was barely worth getting out of bed for; The “ham” was a grey mystery meat. Overall a fun place, but for someone on a really tight budget.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
morazanhotelcasino, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Morazan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Hello, thanks for your comments and the time you took to write them.

We are so sorry that your experience in Morazan had not been the best.

About the malfunction of the toilet, WiFi and A/C we had would be pleased to helped you. In a next stay you can call front desk to notify the problems and they would be attentive to help and coordinate with the maintainer.

About the ham issue we are going to check our products to ensure their quality.

We would like to tell you that we are constantly making improvements in the service, decor and the building, so we invite you to stay with us in the future.

Best regards.

Reviewed November 15, 2018 via mobile

Morazan is a great place to stay everything from the location to all the people working there. The staff is very friendly helpful and always available for your needs. Highly recommended this place on your next visit. Thanks!

Craig c

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Marketing Digit... H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Morazan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Hello Mr. Craig! Thanks for your good comments.

We are so happy that your experience in Morazan had been good and satisfying. Also thanks for your preference.

We hope to see you, it would be a pleasure!

Reviewed October 26, 2018

I've stayed at this hotel a few time through the years and it's as bad as I EVER seen it. The management it not putting money back into the hotel and everything is broken now, The furniture is very old and outdated, the showers are either too hot or too cold, the rooms are overpriced for the quality of the furniture and if you get a room lower then the 3rd floor your will have ROACHES in your room. Oh, and the elevator has been down for months so get ready to use the stairs when carrying you luggage of anything else up and down the stairs. The staff is very friendly and great, but be aware that if you decide to stay at this hotel just know what your getting into. I was very very disappointed during my last stay. All of my friends and I are staying at other hotels now. The Taormina a much better hotel for all of the same benefits. We stay at the Taormina, Hotel La Amistad, Sportsmens Lodge, Dunn Inn and Presidente. All of these hotels are much better choices then the Hotel Morazán. Stop staying at this hotel until the management start to do the proper upgrades. It's not worthy of your money!!!!

Room tip: Don't stay on the lower floors are you will have ROACHES!!! All of the rooms are average at best.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ElR751
Marketing Digit... H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Morazan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Hello! Thanks for your comments and feedback and also for the time you took to write them.

We are so sorry that your experience in Morazan had not been satisfying.

We are constantly improving the service and the building of the hotel, we apologize about the roaches of your room and the non-working elevator, about this we are getting a new one, we hope to have it working in late january next year. We want to give to our guests a safier and better service that's why we are getting a new elevator, but unfortunatelly the process to get to a new one in kind of long, and we understand your point, that why we apologize but we ask you and others guests understanding. If you and another need help guest with their luggage, our bellboy is always available to help.

About the roaches issue, we make fumigations one or twice per month, but we are going to take more control of the roaches. We would like to know in which room you were staying to fumigate that room as soon as possible. You can write us to marketing@hotelmorazan.com.

Anyway, we are constantly making some improvements to the hotel, so we invite you to come to the future to see the changes that we are making.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2018

The hotel has a friendly staff. There is a restaurant with good food at a good price on the second floor. You get a free breakfast with your stay. The bar has TV's showing sports and drink specials. The rooms are clean and spacious. The Wi-Fi is good. You can walk 2 minutes to shopping.

Room tip: third floor
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank edward c
Marketing Digit... H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Morazan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Hello Edward! Thanks for your comments and the time you took to write them.

We are so glad that you had have found in Morazan a good place to stay. We always try that our guests feel safe and comfortable, as home.

We are also happy that you had have enjoyed the food and drinks of our restaurant and also the amenities that San Jose City bring to the tourists.

We hope to see you again, you will be very welcome!

Reviewed August 16, 2018

I have been to the Morazan several times during the last five years. But management continues to allow the facility to slip into hardship. My last stay was in June of this year during the World Cup. I was meeting friends and had a reservation at an Airbnb, but I needed a place for one day prior to the reservation. I was pleased to notice that the restaurant on the second floor had been renovated and that the breakfast, included in the price of the room, was as filling as I remembered. However, the one elevator in the hotel was out of service. There was also a problem with the hot water. So when I needed a room for a Monday-Friday trip, and my usual Airbnb was booked, I checked into the Morazan and was given a room with a balcony on the fourth floor. It was then I discovered the elevator was still out of service, with no clear date when it would return to service. A shower later in the day revealed the continued existence of the hot water problem. I have traveled to 18 different countries in Europe and in the Americas, and I have never experienced such fixable problems in a hotel. Management is either incompetent or uncaring. I suppose they could be both.

Room tip: There really is no view, so a room with a balcony provides nothing positive.
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank JoeRaymond
Marketing Digit... H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Morazan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Hello Mr. Raymond! Thanks for your feedback, and the time you took to write it.

First of all, we are so pleased that you have enjoyed the upgrades in our food service.

We apologize about the elevator issue, now we are working in a massive upgrade of the structure and mechanism of it, this in order to give our guests a good and safe service. If you saw that we belated this issue it was because we were finding a good company who meets all the requirements that the security standards needs for. Our clients comfort and security is one of our major priorities, that why we took so long to find the best option to solve this problem, that now we are working in it.

Thanks for be one of our recurrent guests in this five years, and we hope you will continue booking with us for more years.

Best regards!