“Nice Romantic Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olio

Olio
Ranked #57 of 599 Restaurants in San Jose
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Nice Romantic Place”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been to Olio several times and I always love ordering the Pina Colada con Malibu...for me they are one of the best in San Jose! The menu is pretty extensive so you'll be taking quite some time looking and thinking what to order. I can't recommend one specific dish, because I always order something different, but the food is good and the prices are not insanely expensive as you would find in other restaurants in Costa Rica (I find most restaurants here are too expensive for the quality of food you get).

It's definitely a nice place to go on a date or just hang out with a couple of friends.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MeliChinaTica

Porto Alegre, RS
“Nice lunch spot”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Good restaurant for lunch. Could be better, maybe offer some different options on the menu (very basic food)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tommy_Salomoni
Santiago, Chile
“hard to spot”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Named Olio, but most of the awnings say Bavaria. Cute little corner restaurant...nice, but not overly fancy. Had the papas bravas -- basically two potatoes cut in wedges and fried, but very good. We were given a wine sample (free) and sat outside. Waiters were not attentive after they brought our meals/drinks out (there was a couple at the table next to us) and we basically had to track down the waiter to get our bill.

menu in English and Spanish

Visited April 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“Not bad, but slow and overpriced”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ate here twice, and while I came away satisfied both times, I found the service a bit slow, and the restaurant quite noisy. I was with a party of ten or so both times and I had a very hard time hearing conversation from folks across the table.

The menu is varied, and the food was excellent. I had several varieties of tapas each time, and sampled other dishes that my friends had. The calamari was excellent. The wine list is extensive and had a number of highly rated malbecs and cabs from South America.

On the second night, it took almost an hour to pay for my meal. For two people (I split my bill with another friend), our total was a little under $100 US, including two glasses of wine. I find that a little high.

I'd go back.

• Visited April 2013
Tualatin, Oregon
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Good food and atmosphere, attentive staff, some nice wines especially from Chile. I enjoyed the calimari.

Visited February 2013