“A traditional place”
Review of Restaurante & Bbqq El Chicote - CLOSED

Restaurante & Bbqq El Chicote
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Costa Rican, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant EL CHICOTE, is iconic to our city, and a "must" to your visit in Costa Rica- In our 52TH ANNIVERSARY, This family owned, restaurant, where you can find the most traditional dishes, to international inspired cooking. We offer fine steaks, USDA, fish and seafood, salads, vegetarian and some gluten free options. Our specialty: good service, high quality for a reasonable price.All taxes and tips included in your bill.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This place is known for meats. It is a nice place, located in La Sabana. Food is good, and the place is nice.

andyp30, Gerente at Restaurante & Bbqq El Chicote, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thanks Andre for your comment, Im pleased you liked our restaurant and hope to see you soon!!
Regards!
Andrea Perez

There are newer reviews for Restaurante & Bbqq El Chicote

Reviewed August 30, 2012

It is a really nice restaurant and with an old tradition. I know this place since the 1980's and the quality is the same. Baby Beef is my recomendation!!

Thanks for your comment and calification, indeed, El Chicote goes back to 1960!! thats 52 years already! We´ve been serving high quality meats and international seafood trying to give and offer our best service possible!
Regards,
Andrea P.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was invited to a professional meeting in costa rica. The day i arrivedmi was invited for a lunch in this restaurant.
Very good ceviche, well made barbecue, simple side dishes but everything was correct.
Simple service, fiendly spot.

We´re glad you had a good experience at our Restaurant! We find very important that even the most professional business meeting gets its objective here at El Chicote!
Thanks for taking your time to comment on us!
Regards,
Andrea Perez

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We met family at this restaurant and found it to be one of those restaurants that hasn't changed anything for the last 20 years. Their motto might be "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Yes the food was great and that's what matters at the end. The service was good but not great. The location was near the hotel and it was a guaranteed quality meal. It's a fairly large restaurant and would recommend the beef. Feel free to ask them to turn off the large tvs overlooking your table.

1  Thank CWHATSOUTTHERE

We really appreciate your comment and feel glad you enjoyed your dinner!!
At El Chicote our main goal is that our clients feel comfortable in a cozy, yet fresh ambience, our building is really emblematic for its "52 year old" architecture and we look forward to make some changes and at the same time leaving this feeling....that nothing has changed. Its kind of nostalgic!!
Thanks again and hope to see you soon!
Regards
Andrea P.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

The fellow at my hotel’s front desk recommended El Chicote for the steaks. That was all I needed to hear. He made reservations for me and I’m glad he did. A lot of folks were waiting for tables. Even though I was a single diner, I was made to feel comfortable. I had sautéed baby scallops to start, and they were done perfectly. With so many beef choices, I opted for the T-bone steak (24.5 oz.). I’ve paid twice the price for T-bone in the U.S. and this one was as good as the best that I’ve had back home. After coffee and a delicious cake for dessert, I surrendered. El Chicote won!

1  Thank Azulejos22

Hello! We appreciate your comment! As you said, at El Chicote BEEF RULES! and we are so happy you enjoyed your T-bone steak at a good value for price.
At El Chicote you can also find seafood, international cuisine and a couple of vegetarian dishes.
Hope to see you soon!