“Just Ok”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This soda was recommended to us by our driver. He told us it was typical Costa Rican food that was cheap but very good. We found it to be quite expensive for lunch and my food was terrible. I ordered tacos and got two very small sort of rolled taco looking tacos. The meat was too tough to even bite. My husband ordered the hamburger…beware Americans…this is not like an American hamburger. It was huge but tasted funny. My daughter ordered a chicken sandwich with was also huge but very tasty. My son ordered something else that was just ok.

There are newer reviews for Soda Tapia

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Good location for my walk about but only just average on food. I also thought the prices were too high.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We came in to check it out, I think it was complicated to order the first time and hard to read/understand their menus. The food was good but the shakes were our favorite.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ok so to level set, this is essentially diner food, costa rican style. So if you keep that in mind it should level set your expectations :) I had a typical grilled chicken casado and it was pretty dicey. I would definitely not order it again. But the hamburgers are supposedly really good so I'll try that next time.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got caught in the rain while we were in the park across the street and decided to take safe harbor in the soda. We enjoyed sitting under the awning at the front of the restaurant, looking out at the people on the street while eating our dinner.

The waiter was great and helped us to understand the menu with our extremely limited Spanish. We ordered a couple of local dishes. One was chicken and the other beef. They came with the standard rice & beans and salad with great salsa. I think my wife's dish had a vegetable and mine had some very good caramelized plantains. We also had a couple of diet cokes and I think the whole thing came to about $9 or $10.

It's not gourmet dining, but you wouldn't expect that at a soda. We had a fun time spending a break from the rain at this 50's style diner. The price was great and the food was very good. We would recommend stopping here if you are on this end of town.