“Charming tourist trap”

Ranked #61 of 685 Restaurants in San Jose
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Huge portions of mediocre food, supposedly typical, but definitely tourist oriented. Overpriced and the server asked for an additional tip for himself! Can't recommend it.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This restaurants claims to be authentic.....nothing authentic about it. Very touristic with high prices (fruit juice 4 dollars?!). Good waiters and quick service, but how can a waiter ask for more tip if there is allready 10% service charge??!!!
Food was average, would expect more for these prices.

Better go some other place where you actually see locals eating.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I believe I tried this place about ten years ago, may be the same place, not sure. So i decided to give it a try. I had a great meal but I was surprised to find I my meal was $36 US dollars! I guess, because the location and atmosphere, I was expecting something on the moderate side. My waiter was great, but I can't say my meal was worth $36!

1  Thank VNSmith
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had an amazing (HUGE!) chicken sandwich and the best sangria I've ever had in my life!! The wait staff is a bit too "hover-y" but we definitely enjoyed our meal. Also, I liked that it's sort of open air, so you can watch the city going on outside the restaurant.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Our taxadriver recommended this place to us when We arrived 12 days before.now it was time to try if he was right. The restaurant with a very costa rican atmosphare, very Nice and helpfull staff. best coffee. Pura Vida. The taxadriver was right !!