“Classy place”
Review of Cafe Mundo

Cafe Mundo
Ranked #46 of 867 Restaurants in San Jose
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for a light lunch. We had a plantain appetizer and a pizza. The staff was very attentive and the food was good.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We arrived here on our first night in San Jose and were not disappointed. A combination of artwork, downtempo electronica music and tall folliage made for a nice dinner as I ordered the sea bass with mash potatoes and steamed vegetables. My sister ordered grilled chicken and mentioned maybe a dash more seasoning would not have hurted. The sangria & limonada was refreshing and our waiter was very helpful as we exchanged our limited Spanish with his limited English.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 2, 2018

Beautiful decor, good service but I was part of a group and the dish I ordered was dry and overcooked...I am sure the same fish for 2 people would of been perfectly done.It looked and smelled so good...sorry I never leave fish on the plate and I did!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

I only had coffee on my first visit here, which was excellent and with lovely service. Then I returned for dinner and enjoyed the BEST burger and pipas fritas ever! Along with an enormous fresh juice, lovely atmosphere and wonderful service, this is definitely one of my favourite restaurants in CR. It is in an area close to the airport, with lots of cheap accommodation for overnighters so is perfect for any meal!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 16, 2018

After a 10-hour transit from Panama, I was tired and starving. And since I was staying just across the street from Cafe Mundo, I decided to have dinner there.

The restaurant features a very nice décor and feels cozy. I liked the vibe and the atmosphere of the place.

Service is neat, attentive, and professional.

One look at the menu, however, and you realize that everything is overpriced. Most pasta dishes come in small or large sizes. Hungry as I was, I went for a large portion and was shocked to discover that it would be considered a bambino's plate back in Canada.

Food was good. I have no complaint in that regard. But the portion was so small that it makes for terrible value considering the price you pay.

If you have a small appetite and you don't mind overpaying for what you order, Cafe Mundo is the way to go. But if you are truly hungry, you might want to have a meal elsewhere. Otherwise, you'll have to order two different dishes and that will set you back more than the meal is worth.

More of a place where you go to share drinks with someone than a restaurant where you should have lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: February 2018