“Lovely atmosphere”

Cafe Mundo
Ranked #25 of 673 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Neat little place out of the way. Really good sea bass and desserts were outstanding. Get the triple mouse. Friendly staff

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The cafe is tucked away in a little street away from the main road and is easy to miss.
The cafe has a great ambience, good food and good service. The outdoor seating deck/terrace is a nice place to hang out and eat dinner.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Cafe Mundo is an "old house / garden setting" restaurant, maybe a 10 minute walk from Parque Marazon. They bring delicious breads as you arrive, excellent wine is available by the glass, and main course meals include good pasta dishes, beef and seafood. I have enjoyed the personalities of the waitresses, and they know the food well. Desserts are definitely a high point. The managers are customer-oriented --- once I ordered a martini, it came tasting strangely, I spoke to the manager and he brought a good one and told me, "I tasted the first one after I took it back, and you were right, it was a mistake." This sort of service and honesty isn't common, I think. My wife and I eat here every time we visit San Jose. I haven't eaten the pizza, but it looked good. I was at this restaurant at lunch time, just to make a reservation, and the sunlight made it look really beautiful --- we plan to have lunch there in a few weeks.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Simple and safe at all hours to walk, just a couple blocks up Avenida 9 past embassies, from Hotel Don Carlos. Fantastic atmosphere, both in and out, spilling into the garden courtyard. Full of local academics and hipsters, bustling and fun every time we've come, but with room for us to be seated right away. Evening is especially nice. Inside is great, outside is maybe better. The big windows are usually wide open so, wherever you are, you get the general liveliness of the place. Good food and drinks. Reasonably priced.

1  Thank Darell7
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This pizza and pasta joint is not full of traditional fare, but the food is plentiful and fairly priced, and the shady, outdoor seating makes for a very pleasant meal on a hot evening.