“If you like seafood,try this”
Review of Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu
Ranked #15 of 685 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were looking for some where to have dinner,the gentleman at the desk asked if we liked Peruvian food and sea good.We walked a short distance from our hotel.excellent,Chilean white wine,water made some suggestions,food was excellent ,waiter spoke English and was delightful. We plan to go there again next time in San Jose

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We found this place on Trip Advisor and took a cab from our Hotel in the Park Sabana area. Very friendly staff. The menu has all the usual suspects for Peruvian cooking... but the grilled octopus skewers were the best I've ever tasted. My dining companions had the Sea Bass and the Shredded Chicken in garlic sauce. I had ceviche and the octopus. We also shared the potatoes with shrimp... something I've never seen in Peru. All was good... and they brought out seasonings so we could add to our taste. American prices... there are no deals in Costa Rica. The neighborhood was OK... and we had no problems with getting a cab back to our hotel.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Love the Peruvian style food, would go again and again to eat more and more ... I love the food and the chilly they provide to the clients, the ají. Love it!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I visited the restaurant for dinner on Mach 20, 2014 at 6.00 pm
It was information that it is one of the best seafood restaurant in San Jose.
First surprise, restaurant was almost empty. It was the last day of our 10 days vacation. We had great time in Costa Rica. We were healthy and happy. Sea Bass was our choice.
Waitress suggest “MACHU PICCHU” SEA BASS for me and “A LO MACHO” SEA BASS” for my husband. Second surprise was when food was ready just after 7-10 minutes. No more surprises…My husband woke up at night with terrible pain in his stomach. I started to be sick next day in the plane on our way back to US. We both were poisoned......

3  Thank Miriam K
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed nearby and went to Machu Picchu twice. Outstanding food and staff was great. The food was exciting and new to us and the flavors were a treat. The neighborhood is a little dark and the restaurant not easy to find but it was extremely busy. You can tell there is a tourist part/local part of the place as the back room was filled both times with locals having a VERY good time. Drinks were OK, especially the one shown as a Peruvian special... not so great to our taste buds... Fish meals were outstanding!