“Great Asian Food - Great Vegetarian Choice”
Review of Tin Jo

Tin Jo
Ranked #16 of 729 Restaurants in San Jose
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our mission is to serve delicious, healthy food in an environment that is conducive to sharing and caring. We believe that food should nourish us physically, emotionally and spiritually. Our dishes are inspired from Asian countries: China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Thailand. We have an extensive vegetarian and vegan menu as well as a gluten free menu. Our Asian themed rooms gather together all the art work we have collected as well as those created by closed friends and frequent diners. Tin Jo is our third child and we are very involved owners. We love to interact with you, our customers and it is our sincere wish that your visit to our restaurant satisfies not only your senses but also uplifts your spirit. With Gratitude,Maria Hon and Robert Faulstich
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had a wonderful meal here. Most of us in the family are vegetarians, so it was a pleasure to be in a restaurant in San Jose that offered so many delicious choices. We ordered Indian, Thai, Chinese and Korean dishes and loved them all. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,627)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ordered Palak Paneer - they used Tofu for Paneer (not a great substitute). Thai food is good. Chinese is equally good. Did not seem a great value for money. Location and Parking is good.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Went there with my wife and the restaurant was packed, we waited at the bar and got a table in 5 minutes. The food was very tasty and came quick there were plates on the menu we had never tried before. It was a really good experience and the food tasted good, a bit expensive though.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have gone to the Tinjo several times during the last 5 years and I have always like it... This last time I went with my family and we had an ok time. Service has gone down a bit.. I´m not sure if this was because of the time of the year (December) or just the fact that they are very popular and the restaurant is usualy full.

The last 2 times I´ve been there the waitresses have done an ok & poor job. One time the lady was too casual and did not know much about the dishes served, lack of training?? The second time I was located in one of the tables in the big room to at the left side of the restaurant (right when you come in to your left) and the service was ok but at times I felt we were unatended.

The restaurant has a good menu, same one with no changes since long a go and prices are expensive, we paid around $100 for 3 adults with small entries, main dish, dessert and drinks...

The atmosphere is good, music is ok and at a good volume but the lights might bee too down when it comes to check the menu (at least at the big room I mentioned).

I will recommend the visit still, I hope they watch their business because my experience is no longer the same every time. It worth to go for a nice friends, family or date night but if you are looking for a cheap restaurant this will not be good for you. oh! and try to reservate a table first, here the number +(506) 2221-7605

Provecho!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Came here on a Saturday night. It took nearly an hour for our shared starter to arrive. My girlfriend's indian curry was OK, but my Teriyaki Salmon was somewhat burnt and also very expensive. The decor inside the restaurant is very cool, and the staff were friendly, but I can't recommend this place.