“decent food and service, terrible decor”
Review of Lubnan

Lubnan
Ranked #11 of 696 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

despite the fact that the place is decorated like the inside of a bordello, the service was good and the food very tasty - especially the falafel and the hummus.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I went there during the lunch time. They had a lunch offer, It was a combo meal which brings soup + humus + main dish plus a drink. I waited 20 minutes, I only got a drink of fruit juice, they did not bring the side orders in the meantime. I asked the waitress about my orders. She did not get back to me. I decided to go to cashier and talk to the person in charge of the restaurant. He did not even asked me what happened because he knew that I was going to complaint about their terrible service. He showed me an unconcerned face, he let me go without saying me a simple apology.

Extremely unsatisfied because I am in the tourism business and we recommend this place to our guests. With this terrible quality minded customer service, we would not recommend any more.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

When walking into Lubnan you are met with what looks like an ordinary mediteranian style eatery. Thats if you are walking in the front door.....

One of the things I love most about the place is the different areas each have their own energy. If you want to sit down and have a quiet meal. The front is for you. If you want to get lowd, listen to music, chill-out in the VIP area... The back is for you. If you want to hang out with a big group, walk in and turn left.

The menue? Simply great. The food never fails to satisfy. I dont even order any more. This is one of the few places where you can just tell the waiter to bring whatever is good, and it will be great.

Mario and his staff take care or you at every turn.

Call ahead for reservations as this place fills fast for a good reason.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We had the mezza combination (meant for 2 but enough to feed 4 hungry adults!) and it was AMAZING. The falafel were also delicious. Save some room for the owner's grandma's recipe baklavah. They are just perfect! We loved the atmosphere and the children loved to sit on the low tables

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Great place in the downtown of San Jose with the best mediterranean food you can find in San Jose