“Pretty Average”
Review of Mac's American Bar

Ranked #554 of 712 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed August 20, 2013

It's an expat bar, limited beer selection and the menu is pretty standard bar food, burgers, nachos, quesadillas etc. They have some casados and other items as well but I wouldn't order the fish here... doesn't seem like that kind of place. Big TV's and they play big games.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place is loud and fun and either full of gringos watching football or Ticos watching soccer. I love it. The people are nice, and the food is good but very expensive. The beer selection is pretty great, so I always go there to mix it up when I am tired of Imperial/Pilsen.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Restaurant .is located in Sábana Sur, overlooking the park. The service is though not great but is acceptable and the food is tasty. I had been here couple of times and I couldn't say my experiences went bad. Would highly recommend For groups who wants to get-together for a couple of drinking in late afternoon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Andy and I were lost and tired when we spotted the restaurant; we had been driving ALL day and still needed a place to spend the night. We thought maybe we had better eat something to get a better perspective. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The bartender, nicknamed "People", stopped by our table, found us a hotel within 5 minutes while our meal was cooking, and we got to enjoy a Tica special rice and bean dish that reminded Andy of his Trinidad's cooking. Thanks to a great staff, our day was saved! This will remain one of our best memories of Costa Rica.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Used to be really nice years ago but it looks dirty, the service was terrible and the food not bad but with four orders, only three ever appeared. Not recommended.

1  Thank nelliebj