“Great value for the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Museo de los Ninos

San Jose City Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #9 of 117 things to do in San Jose
Gothenburg, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great value for the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Family oriented, pedagogical and educational, this is the place to go when the kids are getting bored of the big city.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mikael S

Toronto
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A way to entertain the kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Compared to some of the children's museums I've been to around the world, this one is just okay. Seems a bit dated, but the kids seemed to enjoy themselves regardless.

1 Thank plavaseka
Houston, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great museum!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My kids (ages 5 and 7) and I had a day to kill in San Jose, so we went by the children's museum. What a wonderful surprise! It is HUGE with an amazing variety of subjects and activities--40 rooms in all. It was super cheap, only about $7 for two kids and one adult. It was also very well staffed and easy to find guides to help show us how to work exhibits. (It helps to know some Spanish but certainly not necessary.) There is a small cafeteria with basic, inexpensive food.

My only complaints are that (1) a good number of the activities were broken, and (2) the lighting is so bad in spots that we couldn't see the exhibits. Even so, there were so many other exhibits to enjoy that I still give it five stars. We spent six hours there, and I had to drag my kids out. It is their favorite museum ever and have been asking when we can go back.

2 Thank TeaSip
Houston, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun Musuem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I visited the Museum with some fellow college students who were studying abroad. The place made me feel like a kid again. Its a very large museum so you need to dedicate at least 3 hours to move through it fairly quickly. I went during a weekday so there were not large crowds but i've heard the weekend gets pretty crowded. I could imagine if I brought my kid here it would of turned into a 5 hour event because there are so many things for kids to do and get hands-on with here.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Hunter S
Panama City, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great place for children, but try and avoid the weekend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our children had a great time here. They could have a look at a real plane, fire engine and helicopter. They dressed up as firemen and policemen. We learned a lot about Costa Rica, it's agriculture and political system. It was a great day out. Unfortunately we went on a Sunday and it was so busy that it was almost claustrophobic. I would recommend going on a weekday if you can manage it. Entrance fee was very reasonable too. About $10 for a family with three young children.

1 Thank 5onthego2013