“Best hostel in San Jose, hands down!”
Review of Hostel Bekuo

and 1 more site!
Hostel Bekuo
Loveland, Colorado, United States
“Best hostel in San Jose, hands down!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hostel was great from the moment I walked in. It reminds me more of a guest house than a hostel. There are computers available for use, a large TV/living room area, pool table, piano, guitar, Wii... anything you like! The employees are all incredibly friendly and make you feel very welcome. The location is very central to some great parts of San Jose, and the neighbourhood seems very nice. Good beds, good people, and beautifully designed. It feels very secure and will be my preferred choice any time I am in San Jose. Don't bother going elsewhere, give Bekuo a shot!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
becauseiamhappy, Owner at Hostel Bekuo, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Mr. Z, I didn't realize where you were from...your kind energy is welcome at the hostel whenever you like. Thank you so much for taking the time to give transparency to our home/hostel.

becauseiamhappy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The American or European woman (and notice that I did not say lady) attending at the reception on July 2,013 night about 10:00 pm is a very careless person with customers. I tried to book a bed, but she was in the phone, apparently talking with a friend, and I had to wait for about 10 minutes until she finished talking. When, I finally could ask if she had any bed available, she answer back with attitude, "For who?" I said, it was for me, of course. Then, immediately, she asked me for my ID without answering my question. I asked her to answer and she said there was one, so I went to get my bag from the car, but I was demanded to pay right away otherwise, she was not going to book it for me. Her posture and manner of talking was like she was the First Lady of the Unites States, or the Queen from England and I was just a little Indian, or a mouse. I don't know the others, but because that odious woman if she deserves to be called woman, I will never stay in this hostel, and I will never recommended to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank AmericanZeus
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I used to stay here every few weeks in 2012 when I was volunteering in a more rural part of Costa Rica. It felt like a home away from home. The rooms are clean. The kitchen is nice If you want to cook something. Free pancakes, wifi, and a great common area with DVDs. The area is very safe with good restaurants and bars not too far away and supermarket right down the road. Everyone that I encountered there, both staff and other guests, was very friendly. I hope to return to CR soon and plan to stay here when I land :)

• Stayed July 2012
becauseiamhappy, Owner at Hostel Bekuo, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you soooo much for the review of the hostel. I was trying to figure out who you are by your first initial and last name, but I did not succeed. However, we love all of the volunteers who come through here, and share their experiences and friendships.

Buckinghamshire
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here three times in total whilst travelling around costa rica. It is in a fairly good location near san pedro mall, although quite far from the coca cola termibal where a lot of buses come into so you have to pay quite a bit on taxis.
The staff are really friendly and very helpful. We left a lot of excess luggage from our travels in their luggage from for about a month on total and they were fine about it and didnt charge us any fee which was great!
Bedrooms are good with bog bathrooms. Kitchen is big and there are lots of social areas with tv, films, nintendo wii. Lots of tourist info on the country. And there is the cutest rabbit which hops around the hostel and will come and sit with you if you want it to!!!
Wonderful hostel, i would recommend it to all!!

• Stayed June 2013
becauseiamhappy, Owner at Hostel Bekuo, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
You and your crew were the best!!! I'm glad you were able to come down South and sing to the entire country. There are few better gifts that can be given than love through music. You were a delight to have at the hostel, with always a smile on your face.

Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well, I have stayed here twice now for a total of 3 nights. It is very low-key and close to the San Pedro Mall. There is easy access to Barrio Chino for great food. The owner is a cool, nice fella. There were some mosquitos, but that is just Costa Rica.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carl3309284
becauseiamhappy, Owner at Hostel Bekuo, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, man...We hope to see you again soon. Oh... and I haven't seen a mosquito here for about a month. :)
Adelaide
Reviewed March 31, 2013

What a great hostel! The staff are all extremely helpful with anything you need and they are very knowledgeable about traveling anywhere in costa rica. The beds are comfortable, breakfast is decent and free, and the common room is nice too with games, lots of DVDs, a great book exchange, and space to relax. My only (minor) complaint is that the bathrooms could be a bit cleaner and the private rooms near the kitchen/common area are really loud if their are people partying. The location is a bit far from the center of the city, but you can walk there in about 30 min or easily take a bus. The location is, however, very safe and in a quiet neighborhood near a few bars, a mall, and many restaurants. Overall-- I recommend this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
threetoemojo, Owner at Hostel Bekuo, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your compliments and constructive criticism. We strive for cleanliness 100% of the time, but I realize, unfortunately, that it's not always "hostel" possible :) We are also strict on our kitchen quiet hours that begin at 11:00 pm, so I am extremely sorry if there any noise beyond that time. We hope to see you in the future :)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here both on arrival in San Jose and for the night before we departed at the end of our trip. The hostel is about a 15 minute walk from Downtown San Jose and had a nearby supermarket and mall. The hostel is clean and comfortable and the breakfast is great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Thanks so much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
threetoemojo, Owner at Hostel Bekuo, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
You are soooooooooooo welcome. Thank you for coming back through on your way out, and we are glad that you enjoyed your Costa Rica trip :)