For a reasonable price I think Palma Real wasn't a bad option especially with all that was included for the price. There was a free airport transfer via another company but which was arranged through the hotel. I had a few minutes on the phone when I got there with reception before someone could give me details about the transfer.... never the less it was sorted out in the end.
Check-in process was smooth and very helpful with all the necessary info on breakfast and free wifi. Very spacious room on the second floor. I did have a request for a king bed and despite that, both times we checked in there we got rooms with 2 separate double beds. The hotel itself and rooms all seemed modern and very updated ... Major plus in my books !!
Buffet breakfast was good with adequate choices and seating areas.... hours run the typical 6 - 10 AM. A short walk from the hotel you also have a few other fast food options (Subway, Burger King etc).
The park and stadium are also within a short 5 minute walk along with the bus stop that would take you directly into San Jose in less than 15 minutes for less than $1
One last thing that was very good and helpful.... we went to another part of Costa Rica for a few days, so rather than lugging around our large checked luggage, they were able to store it at the hotel until we came back. That was a real time & money saver !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is just a 5 minute walk from San Jose center, the capital of Costa Rica, and only 15 minutes by car from Juan Santamaria International Airport. Furthermore, it provides easy access to the main business, shopping and leisure areas in the capital. In 2010 the hotel was renovated and presently boasts very modern facilities and many services, especially for guests visiting San Jose on business. The hotel has a fully-equipped business center with internet access, photocopiers, fax, messenger service and plane ticket confirmation service. In addition, it has comfortable and spacious rooms that will make your stay relaxing and pleasurable. The Palma Real hotel has obtained the Sustainability Certificate, which helps to preserve one of the most virgin destinations in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Palma Real Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Palma Real Hotel San Jose
- Barcelo San Jose
- Palma Real Hotel & Casino Costa Rica/San Jose