We stayed in this hotel twice - once upon arriving in Costa Rica and again on our way out of town. Both times we found the rooms to be very neat and serviceable. The staff was very helpful, especially the gentleman who waited on us during breakfast. In fact, during our second stay, I ignorantly put a piece of bread into the toaster that was too large (I had neglected to read the helpful sign posted above that said "Toast only"); a lot of black smoke began to issue from the device and then there were flames! The gentleman was nothing but professional as he turned the machine off and waited for the fire to subside so he could dislodge the blackened crumb. He even brought me new food and was very kind throughout the rest of breakfast, even though I was very ashamed! Also, the breakfast is pretty good and it features gallo pinto, fresh fruit, and good coffee which makes me a fan.
The location of this hotel is within walking distance of a lot of things! I only wish it didn't get dark so early and we could have seen more. We were encouraged to not walk around a lot at night, so I can say for sure how safe or unsafe this area may be, but it didn't seem to be too 'rough'. We got some snacks at the Am/Pm store down the street and had a hotel picnic one night. I also bought my coffee (for gifts) there which is MUCH cheaper than in tourist shops. This hotel has a casino attached with a restaurant, though we weren't compelled to spend too much money there. On our last night there, we noticed a lot of activity involving older gentleman and young women in fancy clothes checking into rooms at the Sleep Inn....it didn't ruffle our feathers (who are we to judge what goes on in another country?), but some people may want know...
Overall, I would stay there again because the staff was so nice and everything was very clean and just fine. They have wi-fi, hot showers, and good breakfast. I think it was A-Ok!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sleep Inn San Jose Down town is conveniently located in the heart of the city, only fifteen kilometers from the Juan Santamaria International Airport. It is only a short distance from tourist attractions like the Teatro Nacional, Museo de Jade, Museo de Oro, parks that are part of our national heritage, and many others.Our guests can start the day with a complimentary full American buffet breakfast, from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn San Jose Downtown Hotel San Jose
- San Jose Sleep Inn
- Sleep Inn San Jose Costa Rica
- Sleep Inn Costa Rica
- Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas Costa Rica/San Jose